SYW Austrian Photos!

Started by Leon, 29 August 2017, 07:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Is that when you started sculpting Clib? ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: clibinarium on 30 August 2017, 09:28:38 PM
It seems like the quality of sculpting took a huge leap around the release of these figures, possibly around 1999/2000?

Possibly, I'm not sure when Tony started sculpting for us?  We've had a variety of sculptors over the years, some good, some not so much, so there was a lot more variety across the ranges in the early days.  But we've been very fortunate over the past 15 years or so and I'm pretty confident that we've now got the best 10mm sculptors in the business today!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

clibinarium

Quote from: mad lemmey on 31 August 2017, 07:17:51 AM
Is that when you started sculpting Clib? ;D

Funnily enough that's around the time I first tried sculpting, though I tried with miliput, not being aware of greenstuff.  Results were every rough, and I didn't like working with it. So I gave it up and didn't try again for another 10 years. Totally different experience with greenstuff/procreate. That said when I look back on the results I did get with miliput they were actually not bad for a first go, but I retain the disdain for miliput to this day. Its actually useful for certain tasks, but I hate the messiness of using it.

I found that original DFHM review page is still up! And is has some pics of the WSS figs I didn't like on it too.
http://www.deepfriedhappymice.com/html/figrev_sy_pend10.html