Hello! New to 10mm from NE London

Started by MAgamer, 29 August 2017, 05:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAgamer

Hello! After receiving a sample pack I have just finished painting my first two units and a little bit of home made 10mm terrain. Absolutely love the new scale (sharp practice 28mm before this) I'm building toward playing General D'Armee mainly because I have a 3'by6' table and don't have room for bigger battles. Is it possible for me to post pics of my efforts? I am using an I-phone but also have laptop access. A bit of a technophobe 🙄 -Cheers everyone!
M.A

MAgamer

Ignore the pic question- I just worked it out!
M.A

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

DFlynSqrl

sunjester

Welcome to the Mad House. Go on, show us a picture  ;)

Ithoriel

Welcome to the madhouse ... err, I mean forum. :)

Pictures are always welcomed here, advice and encouragement much dispensed.

Enjoy!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Norm

Leman

Welcome MA - sure you'll have great fun with the 10s.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn

Welcome Mr Gamer.

Indeed, 10mm is a very lovely scale, and Pendraken are very lovely figures.

I take it you're a gentleman of a Napoleonic bent? If so, doubly welcome. Which nation do you favour? Which front? Which era?

I look forward to seeing your photos.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

MAgamer

Yes indeed it's THE era of interest for me! I was very close to going down the Peninsular route, but the 100 days meant Brunswick (hopefully released soon!) to go along with the Brits as well as Curassier and Lancer cav for the French- I couldn't resist! I had the same plan for 28mm but I just can't fit the amount of Miniatures I would need to include all of those units at that scale. So glad with 10mm though. It just makes sense. Will still be playing Sharp Practice with my Perry collection but all new minis will be Pendraken I think, had a ball painting those up and it only took a quiet weekend to do everything in the flickr photos. What a joy!
What is your particular hobby project at the moment?

Techno

A very warm welcome MA !

Very nice work on those figures.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Zippee

Welcome

what part of NE London - I'm E17

Nice photos - typical cowardly redcoats hiding behind hedges!

If you share the BBcode link from flickr you get the whole picture and caption as here:

French Carabiniers 1809 - 1st Regiment 04 by Zippee Jerred, on Flickr

(remember to select the right size though - I keep forgetting to change it from large (this is medium)

MAgamer

Hi Zipee!
I'm E11, love your French, what system do you game? You lost me with BB code, I have been using the mobile app- is it easier to find via Flickr website? Cheers for the help!
MA