Battleground! - Sat 25th Nov 2017

Started by Leon, 28 August 2017, 11:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Ithoriel

Link redone.

I think the problem happened because I'd saved the link before making the album public
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Nope, still broken.

Page isn't available.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Works for me  :)

Some really good looking games :)

Shame about all the clutter around the Denmark Strait game X_X
Interesting that they seem to be using two different scales, are the larger ones to show fall of shot and/or damage?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Some good looking games on display. Of note are the nice info boards (two different designs I think) so that the punters know what they are looking at. Other show organisers please take note!

Norm

26 November 2017, 08:31:59 AM #21 Last Edit: 26 November 2017, 08:39:37 AM by Norm
Edit - sorry, didn't see the new link above, which does work - thanks . Norm.

I like Pendrakens idea of properly identifying all of the gaming table with a flyer.

Leman

Hmmmm ...... I got onto that FB page and then couldn't get off it. Had to shut down and reboot.  >:(
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Thanks for posting - a lot of good looking games there!  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Roy

Battleground Show 2017 - show photos

Photos from the show, that I managed to take while working on the Colonel Bill's Wargames Depot Stall. I didn't manage to photograph all of the games, unfortunately.

[the majority of these photos were taken before the show started - that is why there isn't many people in the photos]

Please click on the, below, LINK to visit the blog and see the full 132 photos that were taken at Battleground 2017

http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/battleground-show-2017.html  LINK

Here's a few images for a taste of what is available

Stafford & District Wargames: 10mm War of the Spanish Succession

Nate Zettle: Blood and Plunder

Durham Wargames Group: Port Republic, ACW

Old Guard Wargames Group: 'A House Divided2, 10mm ACW

Carryings On Up The Dale: Somewhere in Flanders, 1676

Durham Wargames Group: 1848-49 Hungarian War of Independence

Lancaster Cellarmen: C18th Imagi-Nations!

Independent Wargames Group: 28mm ACW

Harrogate Wargames Club: Bells of St. Maria (C16th Italian Wars)

Iacta Alea Est: Battle of the Denmark Straits, 1941 (Sink the Bismarck!)

Monty's Wargaming World: Adventures in Lardest Africa

Wargames in the Dungeon: Sealion 1940

Westerhope Wargames Group: 28mm Wellington in India

I have to say that I (personally) think its a great show. My favourite of the year. I've always like the Parade Ground / Battleground shows that have been held over the years. Definitely a show I'd recommend to those interested in visiting.

Cheers,
Roy
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Roy

Ithoriel. When did you buy those Depot Battalion bits, I would have said hello if I'd had known it was yourself (I should have asked in advance, on here, who was attending. Doh!)

I did meet: (forum members)
Skywalker
Jim Duncan
Leon
Dave
Stig (er, can't remember Steve's username on here)

Quote from: paulr on 26 November 2017, 01:55:00 AM
Interesting that they seem to be using two different scales, are the larger ones to show fall of shot and/or damage?

I was speaking to the chap running the game before the show, and iirc it was something along those lines.
1/3000 scale for tactical movement, and larger scale for displaying hits and other such occurrences of note.
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Steve J

Thanks for the 'photos Roy. I might see if I can make a long weekend of it next year, as it's a least a 4 1/2 drive each way from Bristol to the show.

Leman

I'm also still tring to get there. Is there any accommodation close to the venue?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 26 November 2017, 01:40:08 PM
Ithoriel. When did you buy those Depot Battalion bits, I would have said hello if I'd had known it was yourself (I should have asked in advance, on here, who was attending. Doh!)

I bought the amphorae wagon load from you but only realised it might be you after walking away from the stand. Circled round the hall but when I got back to Col Bill's you were talking to Stu so I held back from interrupting (so unlike me!) but then you were button-holed by someone else and I was drawn into conversation with someone who recognised me from a conversation we'd had two years before and who wanted me to meet a friend of his, so I wandered off and never quite made it back.

We need Pendraken Forumite t-shirts or lapel badges :)

Love the photos!

Roy

Pass. To the question on local accommodation. Some of the traders use a few venues, and I believe Stafford group overnight'ed(?) But I don't know which or where.
Friday night setup in the hall, back to the Travel Lodge or similar, and a quick car drive to the venue on the day of the show.

;D Ithoriel, feel free to interrupt any conversation Stu and me may be having. It won't be anything exciting that we're talking about, and more than likely Stu would be glad of not having to listen to my waffle.

Another forum I'm on use badges, but they're small and can be missed in the body press of a show, or if coats are worn become hidden. I'll be at York Show. Wearing my Colonel Bill's uniform. Even though Colonel Bill's won't be trading.