First Four Napoleonic Cavalry Units

Started by bigjackmac, 25 August 2017, 12:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

When it comes to my perpetual Napoleonics project, I've been able to keep my nose at least occasionally in contact with the grindstone.  Fresh on the heels of finishing off twelve infantry battalions (six French and six Austrian), I have completed my first four cavalry units.  I say "units" as I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, so if you can help me steer me on the right track, please do.  Here's the deal: I'll be playing the rules "Black Powder," and/or "Drums and Shakos Large Battles," maybe some "LaSalle."  The base infantry unit is the battalion; so, to be on 'equal' footing with regards to rules and base units, would the base unit of cavalry be the squadron or the regiment?

In any case, these are great looking troops from Russ and Connie of Old Glory 25s, in 10mm Grand Scale, which I'm quite fond of.  Each unit has a command base of Officer, Colors, and Music, and then three bases of troopers.  There is one unit each of: Austrian Hussars, Austrian Cuirassiers, French Hussars, and French Line Lancers.  Enjoy!

All four units, from top: Austrian Hussars, Austrian Cuirassiers, French Line Lancers, and French Hussars, with four bases per unit.  To see a bunch more photos of these troops, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/08/first-four-napoleonic-cavalry-units-old.html

Anyway, hope you like them, and I continue marching towards the day I'm actually able to play a game.  Hope we're all alive to see it ;)

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

If the infantry base unit is the battalion then cavalry would be the regiment
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Had a good look at those photos. What an effective way of painting 10mm. The figures end up looking great en masse and the close ups are a useful tutorial.  :-bd
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

bigjackmac

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!

And if I ever actually get to play a Napoleonic game, you guys will be the first to know! ;)

V/R,
Jack

DFlynSqrl

bigjackmac

ronan

Hello Jack
I've heard the news about the weather in Texas. I don't know exactly where you live, I just hope everything is OK..

Take care.

--

( I tried to use the "send private mail" but it keeps answering "hacking attempt"   :-\  )

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

bigjackmac

Thanks Ronan, I appreciate you, but don't worry, I'm in north Texas and we're fine.  Leman is absolutely right, Texas and France are about the same size.

Heck, my biggest problem this weekend was no wargaming because of baseball and a kiddo's birthday!

V/R,
Jack

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac