Border Reiver, Gateshead - Sat 2nd Sept

Started by Leon, 24 August 2017, 11:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I'm a bit late with this one, but the Border Reiver show is just around the corner now, taking place on Sat 2nd Sept at Gateshead International Stadium.  There's a little time to get your pre-orders sent in to us but please get them through as soon as possible so that we can get them cast up in time.

More info on the show can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/borderreiverswargamessociety/Home/border-reivers-show
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

I hope to be there even if someone else has to drive me, hope it's not an ambulance.
My Ego forbids a signature.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

I'm there - as long as I can shift the head cold I've suffered since Partizan - and working on the Colonel Bills stall.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

howayman

Anybody know what time the doors open?
I am assuming 10am.

jimduncanuk

It usually is 10am.

Come early, get your car in the closest car park, have a coffee as the café will be open.

Roy

It was 10am. Bit late, now, I know  ;D

Saw Jim Duncan from off here. Obviously Leon and Dave, since they were there trading. Bodvoc was there, but not Skywalker (though the Redcar club was demo-ing a game).
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

howayman

Yes 10am.
I waited until the queue died down so didn't go in until a bit later.
Was entering through the garage supposed to make gamers feel at home. ;) 

jimduncanuk

I got there a wee bit late after me and my chums got stuck in an horrendous traffic jam at the last roundabout in Gateshead coming south.

I spoke to a few guys here and there but only saw two other scots lads so it was a wee bit quiet overall.

I got a few pre-paid Napoleonics from Leon and a few more while I was there, some tufts from Warbases, a handful of Caesarian Romans for command bases from Warlord, a bag of gravel from Northumbria Painting Services, some 'merican cornfields from Last Valley and a book on Napoleonic tactics from one of the book sellers.

My chums got a few Bloodbowl teams from the flea market and some boxed boardgames.

All in all a nice day out, pity about the traffic on the way in. Will go again next year.

howayman

Your hold up may have been caused by somebody threatening to jump off the Tyne Bridge.
Some of my friends also got caught in the traffic crossing the bridge.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: howayman on 02 September 2017, 11:06:32 PM

Your hold up may have been caused by somebody threatening to jump off the Tyne Bridge.
Some of my friends also got caught in the traffic crossing the bridge.

Sorry to hear that.

Roy

Steve J

Thanks for the links which have some interesting comments. I agree re: having the energy to put on demo games.; it's surprising what a difference 10 years can make :(

Roy

Yeah, it isn't easy, nor cheap to put on a game at a show. I couldn't do it, so fair play to those who do put on games. I struggled in the past to run games for the local gaming group!