PNFL71 Prussian flags

Started by Leman, 18 August 2017, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

I have this flag sheet, which is very colourful, but appears to have been withdrawn. Some time ago somebody identified the units to which these flags belonged. It may well be that they are not very historically accurate for 1870, but it strikes me they would be great for identifying units without extra labels etc. Any help with identification would be much appreciated.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

18 August 2017, 06:25:16 PM #1 Last Edit: 18 August 2017, 06:32:14 PM by mollinary
    If I remember correctly, they were all carried in 1870, but most were tiny rags attached to the poles by that time, and the colours did turn out a tad - garish  O:-) O:-)  I thought I remembered this topic coming up before so I did a search for PNFL71. It turned up three threads, but the one you want was started by Flodin in January 2013. He asked the same question and Leon answered it fully

Hope this helps,

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leman

Many thanks Mollers. Will you be at colours with For King and Parliament?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

I will be at Colours, but no fKaP I am afraid. I will be meeting up with Bruce Weigle instead.

Best,

Mollinary

mollinary

Quote from: Leman on 18 August 2017, 07:53:32 PM
Many thanks Mollers. Will you be at colours with For King and Parliament?

Latest update! Now looks like Simon and I will be putting on an FK&P game after all.. Current plans are for a 'Super size Me' version of Lessie's Moor on a 25cm grid, with double size units. Overall about 1800 10mm figures on a 10rt x 5ft table.

Mollinary

d_Guy

Hope there will be lots of pics of the FKaP game.  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on