Partizan Show - Oh great, another job for the gofer!

Started by Roy, 15 August 2017, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I'll be working on the Colonel Bill's stall with Stu and Scottie this Sunday, so if anyone wants to make contact (or know in advance which of the trio to avoid!) I'll be the ginger one.

I'm told I'll get to wear a shirt-top with the 'Colonel Bill's' logo on it. Though it'll be in XL size ... and I wear a Medium! [Stu's advice: "wear a t-shirt underneath" :-q]

Oh, and I'm not too keen on the 04:30am journey start time  I-)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Roy

Survived it.

Am told I can work the Battleground Show at Stockton later in the year ... which'll mean I get in for free as a trader!  ;) ;) ;D

[the show is free entry for everyone]
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

skywalker

Roy, did Stew present you with "The Coffee Gofer" badge for all your hard work? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roy

Nope. In fact I didn't go for the drinks once. Or the ice creams!

Most of the time it was standing, looking pretty, helping people find stuff, tidying up the stall front after customers had bought stuff, learning the basics of using the cash till. Hardest part was packing up (I arrived after set-up, due to my stupid IBS playing up during the night), as the stall racks are reasonably heavy and there's only the one cargo trolley to cart big boxes of gear to the van. Certainly I had a sweat on once the van was loaded up.

I've got the up-coming lesson of properly using the till and taking card payments at Gateshead. Can't wait  X_X

:)