EPL 2017 - 18 season

Started by pierre the shy, 11 August 2017, 08:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFlynSqrl

Spurs fan here.  I'm sure they'll make a good run and then implode at some point in the season in typical fashion and end somewhere in the 6-8 ranking.

Roy

I'm still saying Man U for the title.

And Newcastle as best EPL team in the NE of England. Though Darlington is obviously the best team in the North East!  :)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Subedai

My current hope is that Sittinbgourne FC (What do you mean, you've never heard of them) will be in the top two of the Bostick League Southern Division at the end of the season and thus get automatically promoted. They are an FA 4th tier football club at which I am not on the main committee But am also Youth Secretary.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

pierre the shy

24 August 2017, 11:11:08 AM #18 Last Edit: 24 August 2017, 11:13:09 AM by pierre the shy
Quote from: DFlynSqrl on 12 August 2017, 02:27:17 PM
Spurs fan here.  I'm sure they'll make a good run and then implode at some point in the season in typical fashion and end somewhere in the 6-8 ranking.

I hope they make it all the way this year, but Wembley does not seem to be their "home away from home" form wise while the new stadium is being built.

I'd have to agree with DFlynSqrl that Spurs will have a form implosion sometime this season if they follow their usual pattern  :(

Best of luck to Sittingbourne FC getting their promotion Subedai.....another AFC Wimbolden story in the making?  

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Techno

They've got no chance, if they lost to Pagham.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Subedai

Quote from: Techno on 24 August 2017, 12:01:12 PM
They've got no chance, if they lost to Pagham.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

Yep, I know, I was there at both matches. Drew one each at there ground (3 hours each way courtesy of the big car park that surrounds The Smoke) and then they come here and win. Without being too partisan we did have a stone cold penalty not given and you wouldn't believe the goalmouth scrambles at their end. They were literally throwing bodies in the way. Still, as the football saying goes we can now concentrate on the league.

Not saying the first match was uninspiring or anything but I got some great pics of a Spitfire and a P-51 (I think) flying over the ground from the Eastbourne Airshow. 

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

pierre the shy

Quote from: DFlynSqrl on 12 August 2017, 02:27:17 PM
Spurs fan here.  I'm sure they'll make a good run and then implode at some point in the season in typical fashion and end somewhere in the 6-8 ranking.

Well its now 2018 and looks like there is only one team in the title race at the moment.

As DFlynSqrl predicted its not Spurs, who seem to have gone off the boil and are currently 6th, even if Harry Kane can outscore half the teams in the EPL single handedly :(
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Techno

They might as well give Man City the trophy now.  ;D

Cheers - Phil

Leon

Yeah it's hard to see anyone else catching them now.  I think Man Utd are going to implode soon as well, Mourinho's not a happy chappy at the moment and is starting to come out with some crazy excuses as to why they're not competing with City. 

Arsenal need to sort out their contract department as well, to have so many 1st team players out of contract in the summer is ridiculous.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Man city by a mile. But hasn't the EPL just got a bit boring all I hear is managers moaning (even when winning), players moaning, fans moaning, pundits moaning.
Enjoyed the NFL much more this season would love to see the Rams get the superbowl.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Sandinista

Probably need to change the name to Empty Pockets Lose, as it seems to be the team with the deepest pockets wins.

cheers
Ian

Techno

Quote from: Matt J on 04 January 2018, 11:27:32 PM
Man city by a mile. But hasn't the EPL just got a bit boring all I hear is managers moaning (even when winning), players moaning, fans moaning, pundits moaning.

'Fraid I think it's more than a bit boring now, Matt. It's almost tedious.  X_X And I really don't care much about the results anymore.

Ian.....I think you've just come up with the new name for the league.....The DPW League.  :)

Cheers - Phil.

DFlynSqrl

Yeah, it does look pretty set now for Man City.  Just the scraps to squabble over now.

Quote from: Techno on 05 January 2018, 07:39:36 AM
.....The DPW League.  :)

;D

Roy

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 11 August 2017, 09:11:53 AM
I predict that Newcastle will be the most successful Premier League club in the North East this year. I'm so confident, I'd even place money on it!

I also predict that Swansea will be the most successful Welsh club in the Premier League this year.

I predict that, at least, two managers will get sacked over the course of the season - but will any be replaced before the January transfer window? 

I'm still sticking with these predictions!
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And Shrewsbury drew vs West Ham!!  :x <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P >:< =D>
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner