EPL 2017 - 18 season

Started by pierre the shy, 11 August 2017, 08:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Welcome to a pretty quiet corner of the Pendraken Forum....

So the 2017 - 18 EPL season kicks off this weekend - any predictions as to who will take it out this year?

Can Spurs go one better and win the English top flight for the first time since 1961-62? (Oh yes I hope so  8) )     

Or will the big spenders from Cheslea, Man Utd or Man City just be too good for all the rest?

Or purhaps we might see another smaller club do what Leicester did a couple of years ago.....could newly promoted Brighton or Huddersfield win it on their first attempt?

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Roy

Quote from: pierre the shy on 11 August 2017, 08:40:58 AMany predictions as to who will take it out this year?

I predict that Newcastle will be the most successful Premier League club in the North East this year. I'm so confident, I'd even place money on it!

I also predict that Swansea will be the most successful Welsh club in the Premier League this year.

I predict that, at least, two managers will get sacked over the course of the season - but will any be replaced before the January transfer window? 

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

So that's no premier league clubs in either the North East or Wales at the end of the season then !!!
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Roy

18th, 19th or even 20th in the League Table by the end of Match Day 38, they're still counted as being in the Premier League 2017-18  :D

Didn't say they'd be any cop!
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

jimduncanuk

I think it is quite insulting to Wales to call it the EPL

Shouldn't it be EaWPL?

Just as bad with the cricket.

But then, I'm just a Scotsman.

My Ego forbids a signature.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Could be awkward having to change it every few years the way Cardiff and Swansea get bounced up and down! ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Jim,

I'm sure the English Premier League would change it to mention the Welsh inclusion...

...if the Scottish Football League set the ball rolling, since they've got Berwick Rangers.

:)

Leon

I think the title is coming north again this year, both City and Utd have ploughed a lot of money into their teams and it'll be a two horse race between them.  Chelsea will struggle without Costa and Morata will take some time to get up to speed in the Premiership.  Spurs haven't bought anyone yet so unless they can bring someone in they'll be 4th or 5th this time around, above Arsenal though.

Relegation will be Huddersfield, almost nailed on I'm afraid.  They exceeded all expectation to get promoted in the first place and they just won't have the squad quality to deal with the Premier League.  Brighton might sneak to safety, as will Newcastle as long as Benitez stays.  I'm going with Swansea and Watford for the other two relegation places.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Roy

Okay, if Leon's going to ruin it and give a serious answer. I'll say... Jose Mourinho and Manchester United (with Zlatan Ibrahimovic).

Sandinista

I'm hoping Newcastle will be the worst PL team ever  :)

Cheers
Ian
UTB  8)

Subedai

I'm a Hammers man therefore I don't make predictions until just before the last match of the season...and even then with little confidence.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Shecky

I predict that in the first match of the season Arsenal will beat LCFC 4-3 but Leicester will lead late in the game.

I also predict Rooney will go back to his roots and play for Everton.

And finally, West Brom will top the table by 9 points.

Techno

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs.

Shedman

In my opinion Newcastle are a brilliant Championship side but leave a lot to be desired in the EPL

And of late the EPL has no interest for me as I follow Villa (Championship) and Forest Green Rovers (League 2)

Both teams are renowned for going 2 up and then drawing 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Try supporting Shrewsbury Town, we dream of Mid-table mediocrity!  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner