New Line Sea People Commission - Oh Dark Lord, please forgive them...

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 10 August 2017, 05:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They know not their sins...

Newline Sea Peoples
I hated the shields, and hated them when I repainted them, and hated them when I did them again!
Otherwise, I think they look alright... Maybe...

Oxcarts and crews

Shortly after this I started repainting shields...

Archers

Happier with these shields!

Sort of...

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Maybe it would have been wiser to wait and post this when the Dark Lord is in Portugal?

Roy

I see Sea People. But they can't be, they lived in the desert, right?

Least they're painted. If I'd got fed up with them, they'd still be needing finishing and conveniently forgotten in a corner.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Orcs

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 10 August 2017, 07:19:45 PM
I see Sea People. But they can't be, they lived in the desert, right?

Least they're painted. If I'd got fed up with them, they'd still be needing finishing and conveniently forgotten in a corner.

They were a loose confederation of peoples who used to raid and settle the coastal regions of the eastern Mediterranean, around 1200 BC. They did not live in the desert.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

The world still has traces of their presence; Sardinia takes its name from the Sherden sub-group, and Palestine from the Peleset (Philistines).

And nothing short of a re-Creation of the world will put an end to the notion that their baggage train was a sort of proto-Wagenburg or a type of chariot arm,, rather than a normal set of waggons which the Egyptians had to fight to take, like most victorious armies.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Roy

Quote from: Orcs on 10 August 2017, 10:31:22 PM
They were a loose confederation of peoples who used to raid and settle the coastal regions of the eastern Mediterranean, around 1200 BC. They did not live in the desert.

Thanks Orcs.

Apologies, I was in a 'humorous' mood last night, so went with the variation of the 6th Sense/Titanic joke - hence, 'Icy Sea People'

I'll get me own coat  X_X
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

"C" peoples once were the average students in academic classes here in the States. Now with rampant grade inflation I believe they are "B+" peoples.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Roy

So if the C Peoples are now the B+ Peoples, does that mean they lived in the BCE or BC?
And when did Times New Roman start?

fsn

Would Sir like his coat brought now, or tossed out with him?

;D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 11 August 2017, 03:36:18 PM
And when did Times New Roman start?

In contract bridge bidding this would be a jump shift. Well played.  ;D ;D

FierceKitty

Oh, the racing of the pulse at that signal! "Partner, I've got 19+ points and we're looking for a slam here." Subtext: "Pass, and I'll shoot you."
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Followed by your partner looking startled, then at hand, then back at you, turning pale and issuing a "Three No" close out.

toxicpixie

I'll have to refer that part of the convo to my mother, it's how I imagine poor beknighted non-gamers feel when we talk about games :D

Will, I always take Gorshkovs line about perfection being the enemy of successs - they're done, they're decent, they're on table
And in use instead of languishing in a baggie, unpainted!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting