2017 GBnUIT Coming Soon!

Started by Terry37, 07 August 2017, 06:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

The "dog days" of summer are here -named for the dog constellation, not because puppies lay around with their tongues hanging out, and soon the wonderful cool weather of fall will replace the hot humid summer weather (at least here in middle Tennessee). The coming of fall also brings forth the 2017 event the world has been waiting for (I borrowed that straight from a TV commercial telling me what I was waiting for – saw it on TV so it must be true!!!).   Yep, it's time to start looking for the Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament to be played around the world. This is a tournament played using the Hordes of the Things rules (HOTT).

There are 9 legs this year, but all look to be very exciting, and this years theme should prove some very interesting armies – Alien Invasion. The Legs are:

Staines/GBnUIT, UK – Coordinators are Pete James and Chris Denman covering for Tim Moore who will be out of pocket.

North Yorkshire, UK – Coordinator Bob Carter

Republic of Texas, US – Coordinator Blake Radetsky

Tornado Alley, US – Coordinator John Hovey

Shetland Islands, UK – Coordinator Mike McEwan

Glasgow, UK – Coordinator Euan Caldwell

Mid West, US – Coordinator Bob Beattie

Atlanta, US Coordinator Tom Thomas

Nashville, US – Coordinator Terry Webb

Theme armies are not required to participate, and most locations have loaner armies available, so if anyone is interested please let me know and I'll see about getting you in touch with the coordinator for the Leg you're interested in.

In addition to the local prizes provided by each Coordinator, there will be the Barker Award for the overall best theme army, and the Stronghold Award for the overall best Stronghold. These are submitted and put up on various forums for world wide voting.

Dates are just starting to be firmed up and I'll post those shortly.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Roy

Ha, North Yorkshire, my neck of the woods. Though it is a big county, so probably miles away. But it'll be interesting to see where the thing is held. 
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Terry37

I have the following dates for the some of he Legs for this year's Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament.

Staines 9/3
The Shetlands 9/17
Nashville 10/21
North Yorkshire 10/29
Glasgow 11/7

I will advise the dates for the remaining three Legs as I receive them. They are The Republic of Texas (San Antonio), Tornado Alley (Dallas), Atlanta

It is not too late to plan on joining in, and if interested I can help get you I touch with a Leg Coordinator for the event you are interested in.

Again, in addition to the local prizes, there will be the yearly Barker Award for the best over all theme army and the new Stronghold Award for the best Stronghold over all. The theme this year is Alien Invasion (Not of this World) but a theme army is not required to join in, and most legs are able to supply loaner armies if needed.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Roy

29th October for the Yorkshire event clashes with FIASCO show at Leeds.

I'm yet to know whether I'll be working on that day, at the show, and have passed on this info to my local organiser.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Terry37

The Staines leg of the GBnUIT is scheduled for this coming Sunday, the 3rd. Hope there is a good turn out and a good report following. I will be anxious to see the results, and look forward to seeing their candidates for the barker Award and the Stronghold Award.

Terry

ErHo

Texas!   Let me know where and when and I can probably make it!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Terry37

ErHo, just sent you a PM. There are 2 legs in Texas - San Antonio and the Dallas Area.

Terrry

Terry37

The 2017 Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament continues with the Atlanta and the Nashville Legs being played this coming Saturday.

Tom Thomas is the Coordinator for the Atlanta Leg, and I am the Coordinator for the Nashville Leg.

A special treat for this years Nashville Leg will be having Pete Duckworth of Coventry, England joining us. Pete will be the first player to have played in two Legs of the tournament in the same year, as he has already participated in the Staines Leg held last month. The Nashville DBA/HOTT Group extend a hearty welcome to Pete, and to any other gamers who want to join us.

Folks are always welcome and most, if not all, Legs have loaner armies available. Even if you're not familiar with the HOTT rules, this is a great opportunity to learn. The primary objective of this tournament is to have fun and share a common theme with fellow gamers around the world.

Terry