Elite infantry in colpack

Started by Leon026, 09 August 2017, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon026

Would like to see infantry in colpack in firing / skirmishing positions to be used for carabiniers (they didnt all use bearskin), for 1809 voltigeurs (some regiments) and for the 1815 nassau line which is missing firing/skirmishing models.

holdfast

There is no profit for a figure manufacturer in Elite infantry as there is so little of it, outside of Osprey booklets.
What is needed is average and rubbish infantry, of which there was, and is, an awful lot.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I beg to differ. Every nappy Frog army has at least 3 Guard units, and ALL Brit ones have 1st North British Dragoons in them.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Maybe be doesn't!

Does have the Saff Essex!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Quote from: ianrs54 on 20 August 2017, 04:05:56 PM
I beg to differ. Every nappy Frog army has at least 3 Guard units, and ALL Brit ones have 1st North British Dragoons in them.

2nd North British Dragoons, surely? The 1st Royal Regiment of Dragoons would be upset by the demotion.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dr Dave

IanS

How true. Reality can be such a tiresome straight jacket!  ;D

Zippee

IanS

I know where you're coming from but actually no. I have no French guard units and no British units period. Nor do I have any guard units in any of the Russian, Austrian Italian, Warsaw, Bavarian, or other Confederation armies. (in either 6mm or 10mm) and I have very substantial collections. I will need French guard for Aspern eventually but the line troops are the bread and butter.

That said Legere Voltigeur in colpacks is little different to producing line grenadiers in bearskin* - less common probably but still just a variant. And harking back to a different thread on which French uniform variations should belong in, the colpacks (and bearskins) probably fit in the 1809 style uniform range better than any other.

*Legere Carabinier in bearskin without plate, probably is stretching things - its such a minor conversion from the line grenadier.

(others have noted the 1st/2nd Royal North British Dragoons thing so I'll let is pas  :D)