Peninsular British and Portuguese

Started by jimduncanuk, 07 August 2017, 05:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

I have both an Anglo/Portuguese army and a Peninsular French army scaled for Neil Thomas Napoleonic Rules. We play on a 4x3 table with 6 units a side but working up to 8 units a side as per the rules.

I am hoping to double up the armies again to play on a 6x4 with the same rules.

There are no Peninsular Brits available just now.

I wouldn't expect to do this until later this year. Is it worth waiting a wee bit or should I re-focus on a different period and/or scale.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

There won't be any peninsular Brits coming this year I'm afraid, we probably won't be getting to those for quite some time yet.  We've got the Brunswickers/Dutch Belgians to finish off for the Waterloo end of things, then I'm not sure where we're headed after that.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Redstef

British infantry centre/flank in stovepipe shako, march attack pose, would be a good compromise here. The Light Infantry regiments in 1815 wore it as well as the 28th North Gloucester Regt of Line and the Hanoverian Landwehr too.
A useful sculpt for the 1815 range and a spring off point for the Peninsular should you decide to go in that direction.
I feel a bit guilty requesting this as I haven't started my 10mm Naps yet.....but I will....and its edging ever closer  :D
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ace of Spades

Not an expert on this but aren't the sets of British Light Infantry in the 1812 - 1815 range exactly what you're asking for...? Maybe you would just need some with the 'wings' removed to serve as center companies or am I missing some details...?

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

I am OK for rank and file figures. It is officers in bicornes that I need.

I may have to scratch build them.

I have put them on the back burner for the time being as I am having health issues.

Redstef

Its the march attack pose needed really to cover the non light infantry types but they will also do for the non skirmishing ranks of LI. March attack is the most popular pose for naps after all  ;)
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 13 December 2017, 12:16:12 PM
I have put them on the back burner for the time being as I am having health issues.

Hope you're better really soon, Jim !!

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 13 December 2017, 07:47:21 PM
Hope you're better really soon, Jim !!

Cheers - Phil

Same from me as well Jim!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

Thanks guys.

No real symptoms at the moment apart from bouts of extreme tiredness.

Haven't had a bleed for a few days.

I see a consultant again in about 2 weeks.

I am still painting figures most days, sometimes a few, sometimes a bit more.

Now does anyone want some Epic Space Marines, quite a few actually.

skywalker

I hope that the consultant gets you sorted Jim

Ace of Spades

Hope you get well soon Jim!

Now on those Epic Space Marines... I really should say I have enough but then again; 'enough' is a very vague term... Can you roughly list what you have and what the asking price might be?

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

I blogged them just recently.

I have been finishing them, painting and varnishing, still a few to do.

I would be looking for a good but fair price.

Jim

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/warhammer-epic-40k-imperial-fists-army.html

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!