Drinks all round Chaps

Started by Orcs, 06 August 2017, 09:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFlynSqrl

d_Guy

Golly, Orcs, your a mam (ma'am)?  :o
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

skywalker

Mam...........Doh I must read what I type before hitting the post button :-[ :-[ :-[

d_Guy

Quote from: skywalker on 08 August 2017, 12:37:54 PM
Mam...........Doh I must read what I type before hitting the post button :-[ :-[ :-[

As I have more errors per word than anyone on the forum, I shouldn't worry about it  :)

Since Orcs had a name change (or contraction actually) I thought it possible other changes had occurred.

Roy

d_guy, it could have been mam.

Some places in England (at least) use the term to refer to a Mum [Mom (US)]. Or as mammy for Mummy [Mommy (US)]. Obviously Orcs isn't Skywalker's mam, however  :-*
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

d_Guy

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 08 August 2017, 02:29:23 PM
d_guy, it could have been mam.

Obviously Orcs isn't Skywalker's mam, however  :-*

Is that simply an opinion or can it be independently verified?

I often thought that  "Just a Few Orcs" might suggest the progenitor of a litter.

Orcs

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 08 August 2017, 02:29:23 PM
Obviously Orcs isn't Skywalker's mam, however  :-*

Quote from: d_Guy on 08 August 2017, 04:14:08 PM
Is that simply an opinion or can it be independently verified?

I often thought that  "Just a Few Orcs" might suggest the progenitor of a litter.

I would like make known to this forum that " Orcs is categorically NOT Skywalkers Mum".  I would Like to further qualify this by stating that I have never (knowingly) had carnal relations with any of Skywalkers Kith, Kin or Pets.   :D

I would however confirm that Orcs is part of a rather large litter.  At the last count of Full siblings, Half Siblings, Step siblings and Adoptive siblings I have 16 all told.  Some I only know of, having never met the in person, Others I have not spoken to in decades and a few of them I actively avoid.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

skywalker

I am so disappointed to find that out Orcs  ;D  ;D  ;D

d_Guy

Quote from: Orcs on 08 August 2017, 04:43:30 PM
I would however confirm that Orcs is part of a rather large litter.  At the last count of Full siblings, Half Siblings, Step siblings and Adoptive siblings I have 16 all told.  Some I only know of, having never met the in person, Others I have not spoken to in decades and a few of them I actively avoid.

So - pretty much a typical family here in Appalachia.

Orcs

Quote from: d_Guy on 09 August 2017, 03:37:12 PM
So - pretty much a typical family here in Appalachia.

Not quite we have no Aunty Mums or Uncle Dads   :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!