Getting my WSS Cavalry "Profesionally" painted

Started by Orcs, 04 August 2017, 09:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Quote from: toxicpixie on 24 August 2017, 02:16:09 PM
Thanks for the mention, and that reminds me I need to crack on with d_guy's chaps ;)

I very much like everything I've seen so far and Sandinista is very pleased with his so no worries mate. :)

One of my favorite lines from "Master and Commander" , "And it will be ready when it is ready!"  ;)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

Splendid! Now back to your usual programming, move along, nothing to see here :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just for information, any commissions I take on are for pocket money, it's not my main look be of work.
I just hope I can do a good enough job, each and  very time.  :-SS
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Leons perspective is very true. 

One of my brothers used to be a professional wood turner, and he would find that when he went to craft fares he was charging prices to give him a income, but many of the other wood turners were really only after getting the cost of materials back, so were charging far less than him.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

24 August 2017, 04:56:47 PM #79 Last Edit: 24 August 2017, 05:00:51 PM by toxicpixie
My other half does a bit of arty/crafty stuff like that - the amount of work and result of finished product simply bears no relationship to what people want to pay, so it's basically lucky to cover the material cost and a coffee, tbh. Very discouraging!

In painting terms I think the only things I hit a "living wage" on are same pose/colour scheme strips of  6mm where I can knock out a "post tax and costs" amount makes a reasonable hourly return. Maybe "similar pose/scheme & not too complex" 28mm's where I can do half a dozen colours in no great fiddly detail then a shade tone and done... anything in between tends to end up a bit fiddly, and Pendrakens LoA are very annoying, as they're in so many poses with such good detail there's no easy assembly line process :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting