Songs with accidental wargaming lyrics

Started by Aksu, 04 August 2017, 08:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aksu

Hullo,
Listening to my spotify daily soul mix the following caught my ear. The Cool Jerk by The Capitols could be called the "Ronson Song"?
"Now give me some base with those eighty eights...aa yeh.... cooking.. mm babe you're smoking!"
I'll get me coat...
Aksu

Wulf

As a long term LARP player, I always thought Chumbawumba's 'Tubthumping' should be the National Anthem of LARP

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down

and of course

He drinks the whisky drink
He drinks the vodka drink
He drinks the cider drink
He drinks the lager drink...

Of course, there always Bowie's 'Heroes' for the more serious minded...

Wulf

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

04 August 2017, 02:41:34 PM #3 Last Edit: 04 August 2017, 02:52:25 PM by Westmarcher
How about Paint Your Wagon and How Do You Solve A Problem Like Korea?  :)

And there's .....
I'm a Roman in the gloamin with a gladius by my side.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Roy

Take your pick from either,

D-Rok.

or

Bolt Thrower

Unconfirmed reports claim a member of this forum performed backing vocals (screams) on some of the tracks, and also played the spoons.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

I think I still have the flexi-disc of the cover of Pale Stunty somewhere... and the awesome cassette tape out the Gobboe game they released...

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 04 August 2017, 03:47:11 PM
Unconfirmed reports claim a member of this forum performed backing vocals (screams) on some of the tracks, and also played the spoons.

No....I just took  photo's for the artwork...and the pics of Bolt Thrower for the magazine that shall not be mentioned.  :P

Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Trolls in the pantry we very silly

Ere we go ere we go............
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn

04 August 2017, 06:26:37 PM #8 Last Edit: 04 August 2017, 06:57:27 PM by fsn
I thought Rainbow sang "cent-ur-i-on". Apparently, it's "since you been gone".

More of a mondegreen (Mondegreen) than an accidental lyric.

This new revelation about friend Techno makes me more determined than ever to have his full life story. Have you noticed that whatever has happened he's been there? Not in a made up way, but genuinely been a part of it. Seems to have rubbed shoulders with the great, the good, the infamous and the infested. I am so determined that I think I shall write it myself!

"The occurrence of my conception were much discussed at my birth. Some opined that my mother had obviously been frighted by a scarecrow, whilst others thought they recalled an incident when the human skeleton kept for instructional purposes by Dr Hook had contrived to fall upon my mother and so render her prostrate on the floor in a most unseemly and distressing position. Those of a more practical, yet less charitable persuasion hinted my patrimony may well have descended from the visiting peddlar who was later to have passed from this existence from a surfeit of tapeworms and liver flukes. Indeed my father was a man of amazing dimensions, being as wide as he was tall, and my mother too was blessed with generous proportions, more becoming in her sex as to provide a young babe with ample sustinence.

By the time I was 10, I had grown to match both parents in height, yet could account for but a small proportion of them in width. We were a happy family, and enjoyed the walk to the regular place of worship on the appointed day each week. My mother in the middle, me at her left hand side and my father at her right. As we passed urchins would snigger and call "180" at our backs in the manner of their drunken parents who threw darts in the local hostelry for vulgar entertainment."

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

SSSHHHHH!!!   I think its best if we ignore the last post
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

Quote from: Fenton on 04 August 2017, 05:22:10 PM
Trolls in the pantry we very silly

Ere we go ere we go............

Hahahha, I didn't imagine it, spot on :D

I wonder where that tape is...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Chris Pringle

Well the one that leapt into my head for any dice-based game was Rawhide:

"Rollin', rollin', rollin',
Rollin', rollin', rollin',
Keep movin', movin', movin' ..."

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
http://bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk/

FierceKitty

The Techno moulds told him
They just couldn't stay
Down south of the border,
Down Mexico way.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.