What do you want in the Indian Mutiny range?

Started by Leon, 04 August 2017, 12:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I thought I'd pop this up while we're away at the Claymore show this weekend.  We've not put together the sculpting list for our Indian Mutiny range yet, so what are people wanting to see?  British in regulation and ragged dress?  Highlanders, Gurkhas, Naval troops?  How many different types of Sepoys, Bengal and Punjab cavalry, artillery elephants?!  Let us know what you'd want in the range and we'll get a sculpting list sorted out next week.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Aksu

Armed western dress civilians. Would be quite useful in other conflicts as well.
Aksu

fsn

Leon at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting - "Anyone fancy a pint?"
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dave

Quote from: fsn on 04 August 2017, 12:37:31 PM
Leon at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting - "Anyone fancy a pint?"

off topic, just glued and based centurion mk1's and the conway ;) 

Dave

Roy

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of individual civilians of both Indian and Westerners. Only a few of the Europeans armed, the rest just civilians either acting normal or in panic. I suppose you could have some Indian civilians as a large mob wanting to charge down an outnumbered British patrol or guard, or surround and beat to death a caught-outside civilian. A careening civilian carriage, its passenger fleeing for his life and raising the alarm that its no longer safe to be on the streets of Delhi. I suppose dacoits could be useful, as well as armed Western civilians guarding a refugee party.

I wouldn't bother with any of the military stuff for the conflict. Everyone does that.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Id like to see the armed Indian civilians be as generic as possible so that they could be used from medieval times forward. Some of the foundry 28mm mutiny figures demonstrate this:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

mike40k

Off the top of my head:
British infantry in regulation and campaign dress
Highlanders
Regular and irregular British cavalry (Hodgson's Horse etc)
Sikh infantry
Artillery for both sides
Sepoys in regulation dress and in tunic and 'pajama' pants
Badmashes
Mutineer cavalry
Mounted leaders (Hope Grant, Henry Havelock, Colin Campbell, the Rani, Tantia Topee etc)

Steeleye

Poggle

What mike40k wrote, plus an elephant 'personnel carrier' with British troops.  :-bd

mike40k

I'll add that I echo the vote for elephants!

And some tribal irregulars would be good too.

Roy

I think there should be a separate casualty miniature for dead elephants. A dead elephant has to be classed as rough terrain, surely!

I suppose you'd best do a suitable figure for Lakshmibai, the Rani of Jhansi. And Harry Flashman!!  :-bd
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Bunny

Ok , I know very little about this conflict but, who could say no to a new range!

But if someone could point me in the direction of a reasonable OOB for nor sides, I can star planning my collection 😉

My name is Bunny and I'm an addict 😔