It comes in Threes - I hope! (A crappy day in the Orcs Household)

Started by Orcs, 01 August 2017, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 01 August 2017, 01:39:03 PM
That was my first thought as well, but as you have to be so careful. We certainly have lost something. While I would never wish to discount or belittle some of the appalling things that happen to youngsters  I do wonder if we have gone so far the other way that it is now affecting all youngsters in a negative way.

Because of societies attitudes I left the poor girl, upset  in the cold, dark and damp for nearly an hour while I sorted it out in a "politically correct way".  what should have happened is she should have come in and sat on the sofa in the safety and warmth of my lounge while we sorted it out.

I did feel relieved when I saw her go into her Dad's house. At least she was off the streets and safe.

Alternatively, you aided and abetted a juvenile delinquent in the burglary of a house she'd already targeted after her partner in crime got cold feet and dumped her in the middle of nowhere. ;)

Wait ... what was it you said about having lost something? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

Too many instances of "I'll just drive you home darling" followed by r*pe or molestation; it's not just you you've covered from harm there but her too, and all the other kids or vulnerable people in the same situation. She's had a rubbish hour in the rain, granted but possible alternatives are much worse (potentially so for both of you!). Not that I think she'd be in danger from you, Orcs (or indeed from the majority of people), but the past decades suggest far too many other people would not be safe.

Well handled for all your sakes. I'd say we've gained there :)

And yes, that's a pretty rubbish day elsewise - my commiserations :(

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Womble67

Condolences. And a very difficult situation to have to handle nowadays.

I'm  surprised  the police didn't send a car for her with her being a minor.

But you can pat yourself on the back knowing you got this girl safely to her dads.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!