Colours 2017

Started by Steve J, 31 July 2017, 07:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

There is now a list of the demo games available on the Colours home page. Fortunately quite a few that are of interest to me :)

mollinary

I can now confirm that Simon Miller and I will be putting on a10mm ECW game using our new Ruleset 'TtS:For King and Parliament!'  Figures will be a mix of AIM/Minifigs and Pendraken, about 600 horse and 1,200 foot fighting for the future of  Borsetshire. Captain General Grundy against Nigel, Lord Pargetter. What is not to like?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Well, I look forward to seeing this game 8).

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 06 September 2017, 08:25:10 AM
I can now confirm that Simon Miller and I will be putting on a10mm ECW game using our new Ruleset 'TtS:For King and Parliament!'  Figures will be a mix of AIM/Minifigs and Pendraken, about 600 horse and 1,200 foot fighting for the future of  Borsetshire. Captain General Grundy against Nigel, Lord Pargetter. What is not to like?

Excellent, I'll make sure to come by and get some photos!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Well, really looking forward to going to the show tomorrow. This is the first show in years that I haven't been involved in putting on a game, so I will actually have quite a bit of time really get the feel of the show. In previous years it's always been a quick dash around at lunchtime. Plans are to:

- pick up a load of pre-ordered figures from Pendraken :).
- probably pick up some flags, odds'n'sods from Pendraken, depending upon what catches my eye.
- catch up with Mike Embree, whom I'm giving a lift to the show. Always great to talk to, but whether he feels the same way...
- catch up with Bruce Weigle and take part in his game if at all possible.
- check Leman's Stalingrad game, even though it's FoW ;).
- check out Mollinary's ECW game and possibly take part.
- catch up with Craig of Tiny Terrain and his Mexican Wars game.
- try and take plenty of photos of the games, especially ones that catch my eye.
- take a tour of the traders, but really only tend to look at the books as most sell figures of scales i'm not interested in.
- might look at the B'n'B, as long as it's not the usual rugby maul.

For me the show marks the start of my return to wargaming after the Summer break. Lots of new projects planned, but whether real life and work will allow me to make much progress on these remains to be seen.

Chris Pringle

... and the Gettysburg BBB!

FierceKitty

Steve J:

I am put in mind of an exchange in Chandler's The Lady in the Lake:

"Did he say 'whom'?"
"Yes, but don't shoot him. There is such a word."
"Yes, so I'd heard. I just never knew where they kept it."

(from memory)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Thanks for reminding me Chris :).

Steve J

Good day at the show. Met Leman and Meirion (sorry I didn't recognise you straight off :-[) but failed to have a chat with Mollinary as he was busy with his ECW game. Sadly the BBB Gettysburg game wasn't on show, but this allowed me to spend more time at Bruce Weigle's table. Photos and show report to follow tomorrow all being well.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Steve J on 16 September 2017, 08:56:37 PM
Good day at the show. Met Leman and Meirion (sorry I didn't recognise you straight off :-[) but failed to have a chat with Mollinary as he was busy with his ECW game. Sadly the BBB Gettysburg game wasn't on show, but this allowed me to spend more time at Bruce Weigle's table. Photos and show report to follow tomorrow all being well.

No worries Steve. I barely recognise myself these days ;)

Great to catch up with you, Leman and Leon  :)

I only got to say a quick hello to Mollinary's because he was busy demonstrating.  Have to complement his table: beautiful figures and scenery and an imaginative scenario :-bd

Cheers,

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Steve J

Yep, a very impressive table and figures and loved the fact that it was set in Borsetshire :D

Chris Pringle

Quote from: Steve J on 16 September 2017, 08:56:37 PM
Sadly the BBB Gettysburg game wasn't on show

Family crisis, apparently.  :(
(I don't know the details, I wasn't directly involved, as I am in foreign parts this weekend.)

Chris

Steve J

Crispin has said on Yahoo Groups that all is ok now, which is all that matters.

Leon

Good to chat with everyone yesterday and nice to see another 10mm game on show, there's been quite a few this year!  Mollinary and Simon Miller were using their upcoming 'For King and Parliament' rules:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!