Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
20 November 2017, 11:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The last two Warband armies are now available with both the Eldritch Vampires and Samurai Apes released!
243805 Posts in 14790 Topics by 2064 Members
Latest Member: William W
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken News & Info!
| |-+  Shows
| | |-+  Colours 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Colours 2017  (Read 2464 times)
Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2017, 10:43:58 AM »

There is now a list of the demo games available on the Colours home page. Fortunately quite a few that are of interest to me Smiley

mollinary
Brigadier

« Reply #16 on: 06 September 2017, 08:25:10 AM »

I can now confirm that Simon Miller and I will be putting on a10mm ECW game using our new Ruleset 'TtS:For King and Parliament!'  Figures will be a mix of AIM/Minifigs and Pendraken, about 600 horse and 1,200 foot fighting for the future of  Borsetshire. Captain General Grundy against Nigel, Lord Pargetter. What is not to like?

Mollinary
Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #17 on: 06 September 2017, 08:26:54 AM »

Well, I look forward to seeing this game Cool.

Leman
General

« Reply #18 on: 06 September 2017, 09:22:50 AM »

Ditto.

The artist formally known as Dour Puritan!
Leon
Field Marshal

« Reply #19 on: 06 September 2017, 02:54:24 PM »

I can now confirm that Simon Miller and I will be putting on a10mm ECW game using our new Ruleset 'TtS:For King and Parliament!'  Figures will be a mix of AIM/Minifigs and Pendraken, about 600 horse and 1,200 foot fighting for the future of  Borsetshire. Captain General Grundy against Nigel, Lord Pargetter. What is not to like?

Excellent, I'll make sure to come by and get some photos!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #20 on: 15 September 2017, 10:47:36 AM »

Well, really looking forward to going to the show tomorrow. This is the first show in years that I haven't been involved in putting on a game, so I will actually have quite a bit of time really get the feel of the show. In previous years it's always been a quick dash around at lunchtime. Plans are to:

- pick up a load of pre-ordered figures from Pendraken Smiley.
- probably pick up some flags, odds'n'sods from Pendraken, depending upon what catches my eye.
- catch up with Mike Embree, whom I'm giving a lift to the show. Always great to talk to, but whether he feels the same way...
- catch up with Bruce Weigle and take part in his game if at all possible.
- check Leman's Stalingrad game, even though it's FoW Wink.
- check out Mollinary's ECW game and possibly take part.
- catch up with Craig of Tiny Terrain and his Mexican Wars game.
- try and take plenty of photos of the games, especially ones that catch my eye.
- take a tour of the traders, but really only tend to look at the books as most sell figures of scales i'm not interested in.
- might look at the B'n'B, as long as it's not the usual rugby maul.

For me the show marks the start of my return to wargaming after the Summer break. Lots of new projects planned, but whether real life and work will allow me to make much progress on these remains to be seen.

Chris Pringle
Captain

« Reply #21 on: 15 September 2017, 11:18:55 AM »

... and the Gettysburg BBB!
FierceKitty
General

Down south of the border....

« Reply #22 on: 15 September 2017, 12:47:03 PM »

Steve J:

I am put in mind of an exchange in Chandler's The Lady in the Lake:

"Did he say 'whom'?"
"Yes, but don't shoot him. There is such a word."
"Yes, so I'd heard. I just never knew where they kept it."

(from memory)

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #23 on: 15 September 2017, 01:43:14 PM »

Thanks for reminding me Chris Smiley.

Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #24 on: 16 September 2017, 08:56:37 PM »

Good day at the show. Met Leman and Meirion (sorry I didn't recognise you straight off Embarrassed) but failed to have a chat with Mollinary as he was busy with his ECW game. Sadly the BBB Gettysburg game wasn't on show, but this allowed me to spend more time at Bruce Weigle's table. Photos and show report to follow tomorrow all being well.

O Dinas Powys
Colonel

Blowing up a storm!

« Reply #25 on: 16 September 2017, 10:25:52 PM »

Good day at the show. Met Leman and Meirion (sorry I didn't recognise you straight off Embarrassed) but failed to have a chat with Mollinary as he was busy with his ECW game. Sadly the BBB Gettysburg game wasn't on show, but this allowed me to spend more time at Bruce Weigle's table. Photos and show report to follow tomorrow all being well.

No worries Steve. I barely recognise myself these days Wink

Great to catch up with you, Leman and Leon  Smiley

I only got to say a quick hello to Mollinary's because he was busy demonstrating.  Have to complement his table: beautiful figures and scenery and an imaginative scenario Thumbs up

Cheers,

Meirion

(I know, even though it's fantasy  Shocked  Wink  )
Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #26 on: 17 September 2017, 08:37:14 AM »

Yep, a very impressive table and figures and loved the fact that it was set in Borsetshire Cheesy

Chris Pringle
Captain

« Reply #27 on: 17 September 2017, 02:42:46 PM »

Sadly the BBB Gettysburg game wasn't on show

Family crisis, apparently.  Sad
(I don't know the details, I wasn't directly involved, as I am in foreign parts this weekend.)

Chris
Steve J
Lieutenant General

« Reply #28 on: 17 September 2017, 02:55:08 PM »

Crispin has said on Yahoo Groups that all is ok now, which is all that matters.

Leon
Field Marshal

« Reply #29 on: 17 September 2017, 03:02:48 PM »

Good to chat with everyone yesterday and nice to see another 10mm game on show, there's been quite a few this year!  Mollinary and Simon Miller were using their upcoming 'For King and Parliament' rules:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: