Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

A busy 6 months Leman, enjoy
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Cheers Paul, next up will be the Belgians and Germans for Square Bashing before a return to the 28mm Italian Wars.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

urbancohort

Quote from: lowlylowlycook on 28 July 2017, 11:11:52 PM
Minis are very nice.
Terrain is very nice.
The paper building look very nice.

Very nice indeed.
+1

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

d_Guy

Continue to really like the look of the games you do, Leman.  The barrage hitting looked great. The gun emplacement with the naval gun crews is particularly good.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leman

Thanks all - and isn't it great to see that fort available again. I am also looking at Bruce Weigle's 1871 rules which are a streamlined fast play version of his original 1870 rules. One of the attractions of this set is the opportunity to play some of the small scale actions and battles at company level. Ignore the basing instructions if your troops are based up differently as, unusually, the bases do not operate in contact with one another. These rules work particularly well with 10mm figures and smaller (I'm looking at some 6mm and 2mm scenarios - the latter in the APW, as all his previous rule sets and scenarios are compatible with the 1871 mechanisms.He is also going to issue play sheets for 1859 and 1866 as free downloads.). I'm also looking at doing some of the scenarios using cms instead of inches to enable me to put some of the scenarios on a 6x4 table. I'll do a write up when I've done that with my opinions as to whether that's a viable option. Meanwhile it's back to Spicheren on Friday to finish that BBB scenario off and write up the AAR.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Thanks for the feedback on the 1871 rules Leman. I will have to have a good read through, as I would love to use them for a lot of the small actions that you mentioned.