Charles Ewart of the Scots Greys

Started by senormeek, 27 July 2017, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

senormeek

Hi folks

Was playing around with a little conversion of Charles Ewart of the Scots Greys, after capturing his eagle at Waterloo. Just for fun. Hope you like.

cheers

Mike

Ithoriel

Nice mini!

One question though, the eagle is usually shown with the flag attached but your model doesn't.

Is that because

a) You haven't added it yet?
b) Your research shows it was a bare pole topped with the eagle?
c)  It never occurred to you there would also be a flag?
d) The flag would obscure the excellent paint job?

Whatever the reason, cool mini!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

senormeek

Thanks chaps. And it's (c) and laziness I'm afraid Ithoriel. To be honest this was a spur of the moment piece of work for fun and I didn't refresh my memory with revisiting any account of it being taken. From a quick search, it looks like it did have a flag attached. In my head the eagles tended not to when on campaign but I'd forgotten that they were much more common in 1815. May also have been subconsciously influenced by Sharpe's Eagle!

Now for the inner fight between the part of me that thinks "it looks cool, leave it" and the anal side that says "but it has to be right"!

Have also realised that I didn't give Ewart any sergeant's stripes. Good job I didn't post this on TMP!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Redstef

If I recall correctly he didn't think he'd get the whole thing back so snapped the Eagle off and stuffed it in his tunic.
I've seen both the Eagles taken at Waterloo 😊,  the 45th in Edinburgh Castle and the 105th at the National Army Museum. Felt quite smug until I went to the Musee de L'Armee  in Paris where there are loads
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

skywalker