Anniversary of the end of the Korean War

Started by urbancohort, 27 July 2017, 11:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbancohort

Walking through Whitehall I discovered 2 things:

1) today is the anniversary of the end of the Korean War (Pt1?)

2) there is a monument to the War in the gardens of the MOD building.

There was a gathering of veterans of this conflict today. More died than in Suez, The Falklands War, Iraq and Afghanistan but other than vets and their families it went largely unnoticed, except by a LARGE contingent of Koreans who attended in National Dress, and reps of their armed forces. They were seeking out the veterans and shaking their hands.

Posted in memory of all who died and with gratitude to them and the survivors and veterans.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

Steve J

Yep, heard about it on the news today. Everyone waiting to see what Pyongyang does in terms of possible missile launch to celebrate it :(.

Jim Ando

Hi
Shocking the way this war is forgotten.  2.5 million Koreans died in this war which is also overlooked. It's a shame it probably won't even make the news as electric bloody cars are all over it.

Jim.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

urbancohort

The veneration of the mainly young Koreans for our elderly veterans was touching to see. As we are all anticipating the Korea War range by Pendraken, I thought I would put this up.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

urbancohort

Take care guys and have a top weekend. Graham