Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
19 October 2018, 09:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We're running a Not-Kickstarter to expand the Confederation of the Rhine!
262702 Posts in 15777 Topics by 2158 Members
Latest Member: Mago
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  2017 Top 10 Requests!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Top 10 Requests!  (Read 2050 times)
Leon
Viscount

« on: 27 July 2017, 12:42:58 AM »

It's been a little over a year since we've updated our Top 10 Requests so it's about time we got this done!  There's been some significant items ticked off over the past 12 months, so let's see what's changed...

Top 10 Ranges:
1.   Naps in India
2.   War of 1812
3.   1920's/1930's Gangsters
4.   Yom Kippur
5.   Modern Infantry
6.   Aztecs
7.   Medieval Russians
8.   Boxer Rebellion - NEW ENTRY!
9.   Renaissance Italian Wars - NEW ENTRY!
10. Modern Insurgents - NEW ENTRY!

We've removed three ranges from this list, with the previous No.1 being the Indian Mutiny which is due to be started in August.  Further down, the Korean War is in hand and the 1860's Italian revamp is complete, so that's opened up three spaces for some new entries!  The Boxer Rebellion has hovered in and out of the Top 10 over the years so it's always something we've got in mind.  The appetite for modern warfare continues to grow as well, with a range of insurgents appearing in the Top 10 for the first time. 

Moving forward, the Aztecs are almost complete now and should be heading up to Pendraken HQ in the next couple of months.  Our recent purchase of TB Line (http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16334.0.html) should ease the calls for Medieval Russians and then 2018 will see us heading to the Yom Kippur wars.

Top 10 Items:
1.   Fantasy Bears
2.   WWII Italian Artillery
3.   Modern Police
4.   Elizabethan Genitor - NEW ENTRY!
5.   Pirates - NEW ENTRY!
6.   AWI Wagons/Carts
7.   SYW Ottoman's
8.   WWII Russian 37mm AA
9.   Vietnam Radio Op's
10. Armoured Mongols

On the Top 10 Items side, we've fulfilled the No.1 request as the Werewolves have been done and will be released as part of the Eldritch Vampires Warband range, which should be available before the end of August.  Further down the list we also got the T-35 done and released, so that's another one ticked off!  Coming into the Top 10 we've got some interesting requests this time around, with the Elizabethan Genitor one of the highest climbers, followed closely by a set of Pirates!  We've discussed the pirates before and it's not something we can see happening anytime soon, but we'll leave them in there for now and see if they can move up or whether they drop out completely over the next year.

When it comes to completing some of these requests, the bears have been a constant feature of our Top 10 for years, so I'll have a chat with Phil about getting those done before the end of the year.  The Italian artillery needs to be done as well, so we'll see what we can get sorted there.  The armoured Mongols may also benefit from the TB Line purchase, so we'll see if the requests continue once we've got those ranges back into production.

The previous Top 10 Requests can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,14365.0.html

Keep the requests coming and we'll keep working them into our sculpting schedules!

Cheesy

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Sandinista
Brigadier

« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2017, 01:10:57 AM »

No news on SYW Ottoman Turks?

Cheers
Ian

FierceKitty
General

Down south of the border....

« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2017, 01:26:27 AM »

I can see my birthday present looming. Smiley

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
paulr
Lieutenant General

« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2017, 01:46:25 AM »

Leon and the team have been busy Smiley

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
ronan
Colonel

« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2017, 08:11:18 AM »

(...)
Moving forward, the Aztecs are almost complete now and should be heading up to Pendraken HQ in the next couple of months. 
(...)

A myth is dying....!  Shocked

( it's time to find another one ....  Undecided )
 Cheesy

( Good job ! )

ianrs54
Playtester
Lieutenant General

« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2017, 09:29:59 AM »

Least the Aztecs will stop the incessant mewling from Thailand.  Wink

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY
Leman
General

« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2017, 09:42:57 AM »

Maybe look at finishing off a few ranges before another major embarkation, e.g. ACW 6pdrs, early C16th sword and buckler, genitors and new Landsknechts, especially the arquebusiers, Japanese cavalry and commanders and the correct Russian maxim gun for the RJW.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
FierceKitty
General

« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2017, 10:04:09 AM »

Maybe look at finishing off a few ranges before another major embarkation, e.g. ... Japanese cavalry and commanders....

Mmm, I'd go for a good portrait figure of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and one of Honda Tadakatsu.

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2017, 10:49:25 AM »

Mmm, I'd go for a good portrait figure of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and one of Honda Tadakatsu.

You'd need Ii Naomasa (the original Red Devil!), Sakakibara Yasumasa, and Sakai Tadatsugu to complete the Four Guardians of the Tokugawa. Smiley

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
FierceKitty
General

« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2017, 10:56:46 AM »

It's not hard to model the horns on the Ii father and son team, but Tadakatsu's antlers and Hideyoshi's "sunburst" have got me beaten.

Leon
Viscount

« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2017, 03:35:12 PM »

No news on SYW Ottoman Turks?

Nothing on those I'm afraid, they've not really hit our radar yet until we get through some of the more urgent ranges.  Once the Mutiny is done we'll probably have a look at redoing the Crimean and Landsknecht ranges I think.

Maybe look at finishing off a few ranges before another major embarkation, e.g. ACW 6pdrs, early C16th sword and buckler, genitors and new Landsknechts, especially the arquebusiers, Japanese cavalry and commanders and the correct Russian maxim gun for the RJW.

We'll keep plugging away at both sides, the genitors will likely get done sooner, not sure on the 6pdrs though as we've not had a ton of requests for them.  They wouldn't be hard/expensive to do and there may even be a suitable barrel hiding elsewhere in the ranges that we could use.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
jaztez
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2018, 11:26:15 AM »

Italian wars gets my vote!

My GNW Project Blog Using Pendraken Figures: https://gnwgaming.blogspot.co.uk/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: