2017 Top 10 Requests!

Started by Leon, 27 July 2017, 12:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's been a little over a year since we've updated our Top 10 Requests so it's about time we got this done!  There's been some significant items ticked off over the past 12 months, so let's see what's changed...

Top 10 Ranges:
1.   Naps in India
2.   War of 1812
3.   1920's/1930's Gangsters
4.   Yom Kippur
5.   Modern Infantry
6.   Aztecs
7.   Medieval Russians
8.   Boxer Rebellion - NEW ENTRY!
9.   Renaissance Italian Wars - NEW ENTRY!
10. Modern Insurgents - NEW ENTRY!

We've removed three ranges from this list, with the previous No.1 being the Indian Mutiny which is due to be started in August.  Further down, the Korean War is in hand and the 1860's Italian revamp is complete, so that's opened up three spaces for some new entries!  The Boxer Rebellion has hovered in and out of the Top 10 over the years so it's always something we've got in mind.  The appetite for modern warfare continues to grow as well, with a range of insurgents appearing in the Top 10 for the first time. 

Moving forward, the Aztecs are almost complete now and should be heading up to Pendraken HQ in the next couple of months.  Our recent purchase of TB Line (http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16334.0.html) should ease the calls for Medieval Russians and then 2018 will see us heading to the Yom Kippur wars.

Top 10 Items:
1.   Fantasy Bears
2.   WWII Italian Artillery
3.   Modern Police
4.   Elizabethan Genitor - NEW ENTRY!
5.   Pirates - NEW ENTRY!
6.   AWI Wagons/Carts
7.   SYW Ottoman's
8.   WWII Russian 37mm AA
9.   Vietnam Radio Op's
10. Armoured Mongols

On the Top 10 Items side, we've fulfilled the No.1 request as the Werewolves have been done and will be released as part of the Eldritch Vampires Warband range, which should be available before the end of August.  Further down the list we also got the T-35 done and released, so that's another one ticked off!  Coming into the Top 10 we've got some interesting requests this time around, with the Elizabethan Genitor one of the highest climbers, followed closely by a set of Pirates!  We've discussed the pirates before and it's not something we can see happening anytime soon, but we'll leave them in there for now and see if they can move up or whether they drop out completely over the next year.

When it comes to completing some of these requests, the bears have been a constant feature of our Top 10 for years, so I'll have a chat with Phil about getting those done before the end of the year.  The Italian artillery needs to be done as well, so we'll see what we can get sorted there.  The armoured Mongols may also benefit from the TB Line purchase, so we'll see if the requests continue once we've got those ranges back into production.

The previous Top 10 Requests can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,14365.0.html

Keep the requests coming and we'll keep working them into our sculpting schedules!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

No news on SYW Ottoman Turks?

Cheers
Ian

FierceKitty

I can see my birthday present looming. :)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

Leon and the team have been busy :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ronan

Quote from: Leon on 27 July 2017, 12:42:58 AM
(...)
Moving forward, the Aztecs are almost complete now and should be heading up to Pendraken HQ in the next couple of months. 
(...)

A myth is dying....!  :o

( it's time to find another one ....  :-\ )
:D

( Good job ! )

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Least the Aztecs will stop the incessant mewling from Thailand.  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Maybe look at finishing off a few ranges before another major embarkation, e.g. ACW 6pdrs, early C16th sword and buckler, genitors and new Landsknechts, especially the arquebusiers, Japanese cavalry and commanders and the correct Russian maxim gun for the RJW.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leman on 27 July 2017, 09:42:57 AM
Maybe look at finishing off a few ranges before another major embarkation, e.g. ... Japanese cavalry and commanders....

Mmm, I'd go for a good portrait figure of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and one of Honda Tadakatsu.

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 July 2017, 10:04:09 AM
Mmm, I'd go for a good portrait figure of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and one of Honda Tadakatsu.

You'd need Ii Naomasa (the original Red Devil!), Sakakibara Yasumasa, and Sakai Tadatsugu to complete the Four Guardians of the Tokugawa. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

It's not hard to model the horns on the Ii father and son team, but Tadakatsu's antlers and Hideyoshi's "sunburst" have got me beaten.

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 27 July 2017, 01:10:57 AM
No news on SYW Ottoman Turks?

Nothing on those I'm afraid, they've not really hit our radar yet until we get through some of the more urgent ranges.  Once the Mutiny is done we'll probably have a look at redoing the Crimean and Landsknecht ranges I think.

Quote from: Leman on 27 July 2017, 09:42:57 AM
Maybe look at finishing off a few ranges before another major embarkation, e.g. ACW 6pdrs, early C16th sword and buckler, genitors and new Landsknechts, especially the arquebusiers, Japanese cavalry and commanders and the correct Russian maxim gun for the RJW.

We'll keep plugging away at both sides, the genitors will likely get done sooner, not sure on the 6pdrs though as we've not had a ton of requests for them.  They wouldn't be hard/expensive to do and there may even be a suitable barrel hiding elsewhere in the ranges that we could use.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jaztez

My historical wargaming site: https://miniaturewar.games