Where were those 3d printed buildings?

Started by Wulf, 25 July 2017, 10:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Sometime in the recent past I found a discussion on some cheap 10mm scale buildings - I'm sure it was here, I'm sure it was a shop, I thought it was eBay but I can't find them, or any link to them...

They were clearly 3d printed, not very detailed, but looked effective, and they were cheap. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

petercooman

This one?

Although it does not really fit your 'not very detailed ' description...

Wulf

petercooman

Wulf

Very nice indeed but, no, the ones I was looking for are pre-printed and relatively cheap. From China though, so it'll be up to a month before I get the couple I ordered as samples...

Wulf

Found this thread while posting about sticky resin buildings...

The samples I bought arrived in only a week or so. They are acceptable for the price, nicely scaled for PD minis, simple if not crude. They are 3d printed using plastic 'thread', a technique I've not seen before. It makes everything look like it's constructed from corrugated iron sheets, but that's not too bad for the buildings I bought (in fact, it makes a nice ridged concrete effect on the lighthouse). While parts only fit loosely (they don't wobble about, but you need to glue them), every part has a 'socket' to fit into - even the doors - so there's no danger of misalignment. Haven't tried painting them yet.

I'll buy more. Possibly something bigger, some of the modern buildings.