Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
20 November 2017, 11:44:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've added some excellent new Emplacements!
243807 Posts in 14790 Topics by 2064 Members
Latest Member: William W
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken News & Info!
| |-+  General Pendraken
| | |-+  Change to Pricing on Custom Orders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Change to Pricing on Custom Orders  (Read 5068 times)
Leon
Field Marshal

« Reply #45 on: 30 January 2017, 11:36:59 PM »

I have just seen your change in pricing.  Everyone seems happy with paying basically 25% more for a custom order.  In  my first order I purchased figures from the league of Augsburg and a second order was for flags.  In the miniature order I ordered a  bag of 30 standard bearers..  Now would this fall as a custom order.  I am asking because you offer one standard per command group.  The flags you sell both have a Colonel and regimental standard each needing a standard bearer. 

Thanks for the message, your bag of standard bearers would now count as a custom order, so it would be 6.00 for the 30 figures, instead of 4.95 (or 5.00 instead of 4.13 as you are outside the EU).  As Orcs says above, to get 30 standard bearers we have to spin the mould 5 times and throw away the other figures, so it is 400% extra spins/time for us, but only 20% extra to the customer.  Still not a bad deal!

Also I purchased two ready made arimes one allied and one french.  In the ready made armies I have pikemen included with no pikes.  So to me it is not a ready made army since I have to buy the pikes. 

I've popped a reply through to your email as well, the army packs are more 'starter' packs so they've got a nice selection to get your army started. The pikes aren't included as lots of folk prefer to either use their own wire, or something different like brush bristles, etc.

A spin of a mould in the casting machine takes about 2 minutes and probably produces the contents of a single pack.

Yep, spot on with one spin producing a full pack, sometimes with a couple of spares which we can keep in the spares trays for future use.  It's about 4 minutes per spin, so 15 spins per hour, producing roughly 75 worth of product.  Sounds quite good until you consider that a 28mm company can put 15 figures in a mould, so 15 spins per hour = 225 figures per hour.  At 1.20-1.50 per figure these days, that's a pretty good output!

My feelings is to have three mould offiers. standard bearer and drummer.  The rank and file one mould per different poses.

The moulds are all setup to produce one pack, so a pack of LoA infantry has all the poses in the same mould.  Splitting the moulds into individual poses would mean you'd have to spin 3 or 4 moulds to get enough of each pose to make a pack.  You would of course have more than one complete pack, but if you've only sold 1 then you've got 3 more sitting in stock waiting for someone to buy them.  We don't have the space for keeping stock unfortunately.  Plus that would mean a lot of moulds!  There's about 1500 of them already, so splitting the poses would mean 3000-4000 moulds!

Cool

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
jean1951
Cadet

« Reply #46 on: 06 February 2017, 03:55:32 PM »

Leon,

Thanks you for the reply.  Not really worried with the price increase for custom orders.

Best regards,

Jean
Shutuphippie
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #47 on: 25 February 2017, 11:15:47 PM »

Fine with me - all makes sense and very logical.

I'm just happy I can get custom bits now and then..........  *cough* just sent you an email asking for a couple of bits for ECW  to be added to my latest order Cheesy
Leon
Field Marshal

« Reply #48 on: 26 February 2017, 04:37:51 PM »

*cough* just sent you an email asking for a couple of bits for ECW  to be added to my latest order Cheesy

Cheesy

All received, I'll drop you an email reply when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
d_Guy
Brigadier

« Reply #49 on: 26 February 2017, 07:08:18 PM »

Yeah, salt, sugar, penicillin, arsenic...who cares? It's all white powder anyway....
Sorry, just noticed this. While the intent is proper and understood the chemist in me requires that I say that while sugar and penicillin can take a white powdery form, salt (NaCl) is crystalline and arsenic is a grey metal.

http://inredcoatragsattired.com
https://leadenshipsandtinmen.com
"Now I have become Trite, the destroyer of threads"
ErHo
Second Lieutenant

Mustache Cash Stash

« Reply #50 on: 25 October 2017, 09:27:07 PM »

I appreciate the open book explanation of costs vs all the resources and time that goes into it, and its more than fair.

I hesitated on a custom order, but its not the huge hassle I had imagined!

Hopefully next month I'll get around to ordering more Dragonmen for my HQ unit and fairy bitz for my Gnomes

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer
Leon
Field Marshal

« Reply #51 on: 26 October 2017, 12:37:58 AM »

Hopefully next month I'll get around to ordering more Dragonmen for my HQ unit and fairy bitz for my Gnomes

Cool

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: