What might be in these moulds?

Started by Leon, 22 July 2017, 12:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Quote from: Techno on 22 July 2017, 10:26:39 AM

(Please......NOOOOOOOOOOOO !.....Don't let them be what I think they might be.)

Cheers - Mr Anonymous

Did you do tiny 10mm sculpts of a naked and drunk Techno which you thought were safely stored in a box at the back of barn but might have accidentally posted to Leon when a little worse for wear?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

Nope !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm as much in the dark as everyone else.

Cheers - Phil (Probably)

Orcs

Cracker line and /or Plank road minis to be produced under license?

The complete Korean war range?

WW2 Belgians?

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

'cos I'm interested in the process, could someone tell me how many figures would be in one of those moulds?

Would it be the same figure, or a number of different figures? How do you balance moulds for packs that are a mix of poses?

Leon - could you do us a piccy of the inside after the big reveal?  B)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 22 July 2017, 10:15:35 AM
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, ad infinitum (you get the idea) -1 AGAINST Aztecs.

(I know where the masters are.)  :D :P

Cheers - Phil

Are they still on your radiator?  :-\

I've got a photo of that radiator somewhere  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

Some interesting guesses so far...  ;)

How many of those are master moulds.....and how many are production moulds ?

About 10 master and 74 production, I've not gone through all of them yet though.

Did I have ANYTHING, in any way, to do with any of the figures on the moulds ? (Lots of any's there.) :P

Not that I know of, unless you've been moonlighting for someone else in 10mm...

(Please......NOOOOOOOOOOOO !.....Don't let them be what I think they might be.)

They're probably not but I'm curious as to what you think they might be?!  It's not the old GW Warmaster ranges, I can confirm that!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 22 July 2017, 11:27:23 AM
'cos I'm interested in the process, could someone tell me how many figures would be in one of those moulds?

Would it be the same figure, or a number of different figures? How do you balance moulds for packs that are a mix of poses?

Leon - could you do us a piccy of the inside after the big reveal?  B)

If you start a separate thread with those questions, I'll run through the moulding process for everyone.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Quote from: Leon on 22 July 2017, 04:09:16 PM
If you start a separate thread with those questions, I'll run through the moulding process for everyone.

Git 'er done, fsn, this would be totally interesting!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Norm

Leon - is it something that sits outside of 10mm?

Is it to do with the Sci-Fi side of things?

Is it a naval range?

fred.

Quote from: Leon on 22 July 2017, 04:08:49 PM
It's not the old GW Warmaster ranges, I can confirm that!

Thats a shame, but not too surprising, there were some cracking figures in the WM ranges.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

OldenBUA

I'm thinking it could be the 10mm WW2 ranges from Pithead?

The current owner has indicated that he would like to get on with other stuff. Also, a lot of the minor nations are covered, so good for BKC. And there are free French, so the F.F. would be explained.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Ithoriel

About 10 master and 74 production, I've not gone through all of them yet though.

So, a reasonable number of figures then, presumably ...

Not that I know of, unless you've been moonlighting for someone else in 10mm...

... and in 10mm.

They're probably not but I'm curious as to what you think they might be?!  It's not the old GW Warmaster ranges, I can confirm that!

I'd have been gobsmacked (but pleased), if it was.

I did wonder if it might be the "Evil Men" range.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Too many molds and Pendraken did the casts for those, so they would be Pendraken issue molds.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Quote from: Ithoriel on 22 July 2017, 06:19:19 PM

I did wonder if it might be the "Evil Men" range.

I was thinking of them as well
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Ithoriel

True ML.

Not enough moulds for Pithead I'd have thought.

Who else is out there? Steve Barber? Polar Fox? Obelisk? Van Dyke? Black Gate?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data