New AWI rules released

Started by Lanceflint, 21 July 2017, 09:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanceflint

Pendraken have very kindly allowed me to use this forum to allow me to introduce "Yankee Peas and Crackers!"
They are a period specific game designed for any figure scale or base size. Illustrated throughout with my best efforts at painting Pendrakens lovely AWI range.
They feature a unique Fighting Factor and Temporary Disorder system that simply and quickly tracks the fighting efficiency of a unit as it fights and moves. Troop quality and the order in which they fight is paramount to how units are used and the tactical decisions that need to be taken.
Battles are based around the battalion as the core unit, with particularly large units or Brigades fighting in two "wings", essentially two units each capable if I dependant action.
Riflemen are not super troops, canister fire can really hurt, cavalry struggle to do much more than distract attention from a main effort and commanders can achieve results by leading from the front - if they survive long enough!
Available both in hard copy on eBay at £7.50, or directly from myself with a cheaper PDF option.
Thanks for Reading, regards to all, Lance.

paulr

Welcome :-h

An After action report or two, hopefully with pictures, would be a good way to give the forum a feel for the rules
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good luck, hope they do well
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Welcome. Sounds an interesting set of rules. But not really my period (yet any way)!  Do you have a link to any game reports?.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Lanceflint

Every time we play I forget the bloomin' camera, but I must make a point of  posting a battle report. Not being of the blogging generation that sort of thing is not first nature to me!
Cheers, Lance.

old smokie

what is the number of bases per unit and game scale if any.

Any deal for buying both hard copy and PDF ?

Lanceflint

Any number of bases or figures as the rules work around the principle of the Base Width, so any basing convention would work. My Pendraken stuff is based on 6cms frontage with 12 British figures and varying numbers of Americans per base.
Yes, I am sure we could strike a deal!
Regards, Lance.

old smokie

old smokie

message received and payment sent  :)