Boshin War

Started by Leon026, 20 July 2017, 10:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon026

Granted this is a new range, but.... would allow the mixing of European and United States in the Japanese far east!

This is one of those wars that's relatively unknown, but very interesting, as its very modernization mixed with traditional arms. Also very surprisingly colorful - and not that much variation in hats, and ranges can easily be mixed (FPW, ACW for the Shogunate troops/imperial guard).

Leman

Possibility for Tlumpton Wars?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Leman on 21 July 2017, 09:13:49 AM
Possibility for Tlumpton Wars?

Could probably use some of the French drgaoons with the fireman style helmets for Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

That's a new (and interesting) one, I've added it to the Request lists!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Roy

Quote from: Leon on 26 July 2017, 10:54:40 PM
That's a new (and interesting) one, I've added it to the Request lists!

8)

Which? The Boshin and early Meiji -era, or Trumpton Wars? Not so much interested in the fictional, unless you can shoehorn Postman Pat in there somehow  8-}
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

robh

Just bumping this discussion to see if there is any further thought or interest in the topic.

I have been seriously considering commissioning a few figures for casting (literally a minimal number of torsos with multiple head/hat options) to game the Boshin War (not so much the later Satsuma rebellion or Boxer Rebellion) at something higher than skirmish level. My preference would be for true 15mm, hence the separate head idea,  but would be happy to step down a couple of mm and to single piece castings  if there are plans already underway for this range.

Anyone else out there keen to game these battles (admittedly not many, not large and not much use for anything else, but very interesting)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mmcv

QuoteVotes added!
Add me a vote too!