2ft x 2ft Skirmish Wargames Board for 28mm

Started by Roy, 19 July 2017, 04:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Great looking board and should make for some fun skirmish gaming. please share some pictures of a game in progress!

FYI all, we use a 2 ft square board for HOTT and DBN, but it is a flat board covered with static grass or some other material and then the terrain is all movable because it is set different for each game. I just picked up some faux suede to make a new board that should be great for HOTT and DBN. We use wood bases so the fabric needs to be a type that doesn't snag the edge of the base.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Steve J

Very nice work and the wooden edging really sets it off.

petercooman

Very nice board!

How does MDRG go on a 2x2? I thought the ganesha games were made for a 3x3? Just curiou because I have 2 2x2,5 boards, so maybe they will work for other games with the ganesha engine?

toxicpixie

I would imagine so - we use a two foot ish area without a problem. You can start in opposite "long corners" to get a bit extra space?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Roy

Thanks all.

M&DRG. It'll just be me playing solo, so I'll make it work. Somehow  ;D

No, in all honesty, I'll just be using 3-4 figures a-side for the games and will create the scenarios so they're more rpg than skirmish game. Its probably too small for 2+ players with normal sized bands of warriors, but since its just me I'll be able to keep it as small as I like. Saying that, since it'll be solo, there'll be bits of paper and roster charts everywhere, so its a good job the board is so small!  :)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}