Claymore, Edinburgh - Sat 5th August

Started by Leon, 17 July 2017, 03:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

17 July 2017, 03:43:15 AM Last Edit: 17 July 2017, 03:48:27 AM by Leon
Our next jaunt up to Scotland sees us head along to Edinburgh for the excellent Claymore show on Saturday 5th August.  This one takes place at the Granton Campus of Edinburgh College, with more info on the South East Scotland Wargames Club website here: https://seswc.co.uk/category/claymore/

We'll need any pre-orders by Fri 28th July please and you can now place them through the new website, choosing the 'Collect at Show' option when you Checkout.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Just a quick reminder, we'll need any pre-orders sending through by midnight on Friday please!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Westmarcher

Although turning up early afternoon, it looked as if it was a successful event. Spoke briefly to M'Lady who was left holding the Pendraken fort while Leon was away galavanting and made my usual compulsory purchase (this time some dice for FoB2 and SCN-ACWS - Large Farmhouse, stone). Didn't see any forum members (but then again, what do you all look like?), but recognised a few luminaries on the war-games blogs scene (e.g., Angus Konstam, Paul Alba and Barry Hilton). Loads of games as expected; one ACW 10mm game using mainly Pendraken figures (Day 1 - Gettysburg), also not one, but two, played with General d'Armee rules - although good looking games, I was slightly disappointed not to see Aides de Camp riding all over the place (ADC's are a feature of the orders rules). Then, in a moment of weakness, contributed to Chris Pringle's pension fund and bought BBB(!). Overall, I thought it was a good show.   :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

Got to the Granton Campus just after ten, said hello to all the folks in the foyer I knew and reached the Bring & Buy around ten-thirty. Dropped off the stuff I hoped to sell. Saw Graham of Graham's Wuerkshoppe and sold some stuff to him.

Took lots and lots of photos with my phone cam (some of them are even in focus and right way up!!) but with the change to Photobucket I have nowhere at the moment to store them so they are visible to the world. :(

Collected pre-orders from Leon and Adele and from Ian of Fighting Fifteens, bought a few odds and ends, won a couple of things on the tombola (including an MDF kit but I don't really know what it is yet! :-) ) and chatted to traders, punters, guys running games and members of SESWC that I know of old.

Included in the Pendraken bag was an item I need to paint up and post pics of on this august forum. Is it secret? Is it safe? ;)

Didn't spot Westmarcher ... which doesn't mean I didn't talk to him, of course, as I had lots of conversations over the day with people I didn't know. We need a Pendraken secret handshake :D

All the traders I spoke too had had a good day. Always a good sign in my experience.

Wandered back to the Bring & Buy several times to see how my stuff was going - the answer to that, according to one of the people manning the stall who I've known for a long time, was that it was going "like s**t off a shovel" :)

Of all the stuff I took, the only items not to sell were some elderly 6mm scale sci-fi tanks and my Pendraken Ratmen ... poor unwanted ratties!

Even allowing for taxis, wargames purchases and a can of coke I still came out well over a hundred quid better off.

All in all, not a bad day.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Ithoriel

First up, glad you seem to be on the mend Jim!

Couple of the guys at the show let me know what had happened.

I missed our annual catch up on our respective symptoms, ailments and medication.

Was just about to post something to let the oiks here know you hadn't been well when you posted. I had thought you might not be up to posting yourself. Little did I realise that not only were you up to that but to Techno levels of self-mutilation as well. :D

Hope you're back to normal (or what passes for normal) soon!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Sorry to hear about this Jim, one of the club guy's picked up your order and passed on the news.   I hope you're feeling better soon, but maybe try not to further injure yourself slicing toy soldiers whilst still in recovery!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Ithoriel on 05 August 2017, 10:57:31 PM

I missed our annual catch up on our respective symptoms, ailments and medication.

One of the 'fun' bits was when the consultant explained that one of my symptoms was quite often caused by a build-up of cholesterol in the carotid arteries of which we all have two.

'Oh' I said, 'does that mean a stent or two then?'

'No' he says. 'We usually open up your carotid artery and scrape it clear. It's a dangerous operation, and we have to do it in two different goes.'

I'm very happy to say that the ultra-sound scans showed my carotid arteries to be clear.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Leon on 05 August 2017, 11:41:17 PM

Sorry to hear about this Jim, one of the club guy's picked up your order and passed on the news.   I hope you're feeling better soon, but maybe try not to further injure yourself slicing toy soldiers whilst still in recovery!

Thanks Leon

Yes, Colin Smith picked up my order. Hopefully these will bring my Peninsula forces up to strength. The next stage is to double up the army strengths altogether so there will be a follow on order later in the year.

Leon

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 05 August 2017, 11:53:43 PM
Yes, Colin Smith picked up my order. Hopefully these will bring my Peninsula forces up to strength. The next stage is to double up the army strengths altogether so there will be a follow on order later in the year.

No worries, hopefully you'll be well enough for the Reiver show and we'll see you there for a catch-up.

Womble67

Hope you feel better soon

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

I've posted the pics on Facebook and made the album available to world and dog. It should be accessible even if you don't have a Facebook account. Should be ...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154801205936398.1073741831.593771397&type=1&l=c98a869983

paulr

I hope you are recovering well, don't forget that most important medicine time
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

A pretty high standard of games on display there. Glad you were able to post those Ithoriel. Take care Jim. Hope to see you back on the circuit before too long.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!