SYW British Photos!

Started by Leon, 15 July 2017, 02:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldenBUA

That makes two of us then!!! It's because it's the Frisian version of his Wikipedia page. Other versions are available, if you hadn't noticed. Just thought it was appropriate, as Menno van Coehoorn was born and buried in Friesland.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 15 July 2017, 07:44:08 PM
One suggestion on the photos - on the single pose packs it might be worth showing 3 of the standard figures - as they look a little like spot the difference photos with the same 3 command figures in each photo. If you compare with the highlanders or other packs with 3 poses outside the command figures, then those photos seem to show more, and would be more representative of the pack contents.

Quote from: paulr on 15 July 2017, 09:47:10 PM
I had a similar thought to Fred particularly when looking at the cavalry, which one is the officer & which the trooper :-

Perhaps note the number of each figure in a pack under each in the picture, would also avoid the "how many drummers" type questions

I know what you mean, but I think that would be more hassle in the long term with other ranges.  We're aiming to paint and show one of every pose in the pack and then the contents description would give you the information on the contents.  So with these ones, the website states 'Pack contains 30 figures (27 foot, 1 officer, 1 musician, 1 standard)' and hopefully people can put that with the image to see what they're getting. 

I did consider putting numbers on the images (x26, x1, x1, etc), but that's more work per pic and something we can look at doing later on if we need to.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

A task for your copious spare time ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: paulr on 16 July 2017, 10:00:46 PM
A task for your copious spare time ;) ;D

Farrrrrrr more pressing concerns come to mind.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.