SYW British Photos!

Started by Leon, 15 July 2017, 02:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

15 July 2017, 02:11:45 AM Last Edit: 09 September 2017, 05:45:24 PM by Leon
We've seen kev1964's impressive work on our Napoleonic ranges already, but he's turned his attention to the SYW ranges now!  First up we've got the British codes, all complete and ready to tempt!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are seriously beautiful
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

15 July 2017, 08:25:25 AM #2 Last Edit: 15 July 2017, 02:08:10 PM by Leon
I have these models, why don't mine look like this, huh?

Have you changed the moulds or upscaled, typical that I'd only get the shoddy old models

28 British 15th Kings Light Dragoons (1) by Zippee Jerred, on Flickr

Damn Kev and his dark arts  :D

EDIT: Pic resized.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Great work once again Kev. Yet more temptation for a poor and weak minded fool such as I ...  :D ;)

kev1964

Thank's for the comments chaps, these really are nice figs to paint.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DFlynSqrl

fred.

These look very impressive. Both the painting and the figures.

This just makes me think "Honey who shrunk the canon?"

One suggestion on the photos - on the single pose packs it might be worth showing 3 of the standard figures - as they look a little like spot the difference photos with the same 3 command figures in each photo. If you compare with the highlanders or other packs with 3 poses outside the command figures, then those photos seem to show more, and would be more representative of the pack contents.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Womble67

Very impressive

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

I had a similar thought to Fred particularly when looking at the cavalry, which one is the officer & which the trooper :-\

Perhaps note the number of each figure in a pack under each in the picture, would also avoid the "how many drummers" type questions
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Excellent !

Cheers - Phil.

Zippee

Quote from: fred. on 15 July 2017, 07:44:08 PM
If you compare with the highlanders or other packs with 3 poses outside the command figures, then those photos seem to show more, and would be more representative of the pack contents.

I think that sums it up nicely as in fact these packs have 4 command and 2 line poses  :D

Or did back when I bought my humdrum unpainted versions

Westmarcher

16 July 2017, 10:28:59 AM #12 Last Edit: 16 July 2017, 10:39:46 AM by Westmarcher
Although the black undercoat gives the faces a slightly 'original Bizarro ' look, the detail and the shading on these figures are superb. Excellent work, Kev!  Looking forward to the next batch.  :-bd

P.s. As for the Coehorn, it does look rather over-manned.  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

OldenBUA

Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leman

Bit difficult to read as the spelling was all over the place - so much so it was like  double Dutch!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!