Battle of the Camp

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 14 July 2017, 04:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

ast night saw a three way tussle at MKWS, John's High Elves, Jarkko and son using my 'Hugh Elves' (like High Elves, but posher) and myself with my Dragon Men.
John
General D6+2 (Perival the Inert)
Mage D6+2
3 x archers with powerful
2 x spears
1 x Ent
1 x chariots

Jarkko
General D6+2
Mage D6+2
3 x Warriors with shieldwall, resolute and formed
2 x archers with powerful
2 x knights with fierce, one with hero

Mad Lemmey
Baron D6+1
3 x Warriors with powerful
3 x Warriors with fierce and impetuous
1 x knights with formed, fierce, powerful and impetuous
1 x borderer foot with skirmish
1 x Prismatic Dragon (her Imperial Majesty)

In the dark, the humans pitched camp, it was a good spot, right on the border of two elven realms, from here they could pillage either, and return with precious resources to support the Baron's realm. It was important enough that as dusk had fallen, Her Imperial Majesty had landed in the glade. Most men had only ever heard of her, but she now stood amoungst them, their spirits lifted.
Her guide stepped down lightly, walked, or more accurately slid, maybe even floated to the Baron, they stepped inside his tent...
From inside, the survivors reported hearing...

"You know you are surrounded by two elf armies you fool!"

We randomly generated scenarios, and it fell to 'Attack The Camp'. In this scenario, one army deploys withing 3 base widths of a camp in the centre of the table, the enemy deploys at 4 bases away from the defenders troops. Rules are simple, if any enemy base contacts the camp, you lose, if you lose half your force, you lose. However, you deploy first, and then have to react to others.
We rolled to see who was defending, I lost!
https://madlemmey.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/warband-battle-of-camp.html

Bad day to be a human.

Even Her Imperial Majesty flew off in disgust!

A great game, enjoyed by all, especially Jarkko's son, who wants to try my undead next week!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DFlynSqrl

Very nice looking game and report.  2 vs 1 had to make for a very tough fight.  You did well to hold your own for a couple of turns.

Techno

Excellent, Will.  8)

Cheers - Phil