Dalian - an RJW battle using BBB

Started by Shedman, 12 July 2017, 05:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

We played a couple of games of the first scenario from Charles Grant's Scenarios for Wargames using BBB and my RJW forces

Victories for both sides and I shouldn't blame the dice

The AAR is on my blog

http://twomarshals.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/dalian-1904-rjw-using-blood-big-battles.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

That is a very interesting approach. Waiting for support weapons to arrive for my RJW armies.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

Very impressive thanks for sharing

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Chris Pringle

sunjester

A great write up, thanks for sharing.  :-bd

Leman

A picture in my head of charging Japanese troops yelling, "Miniature tree!"

Malbork

QuoteA picture in my head of charging Japanese troops yelling, "Miniature tree!"

Often been afflicted with the same image  ;D

DFlynSqrl

Poggle

Great game reports. Interesting to see something a bit off the regular line up of gaming.

Leman

Yet there appear to be a number of us building RJW armies, which I think is down to BBB being such a good set of rules.

Shedman

Spot on Leman

After trying many rulesets for the RJW it was BBB that captured the flavour for me.

The lads at the club are now quite familiar with the rules and enjoy playing the period even when they are passive Russians sitting in a trench line

The problems for me now are when 6 or 7 of them want to play and entertaining scenarios

There are 2 excellent historical RJW scenarios on the BBB Yahoo group that show how BBB can handle very unusual situations and still retain playability

Grant's Scenarios for Wargames has opened up a load of fictitious battles that I'm looking forward to playing