Recommendations?

Started by Ithoriel, 12 July 2017, 04:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

I'm looking to access the collective wisdom of the Pendraken Hive Mind ... such as it may be :)

I'm reluctantly accepting that I have a large number of Games Workshop figures that I will never get painted, let alone use and that I am unlikely ever to get round to listing on EBay or the like and should therefore find some person or company who could turn this lead into gold (or at least into GBP).

Anyone got personal experience of disposing of complete collections and have any suggestions of people/ companies to use (or avoid!!)?

TIA

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Bring and buy at a show?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

I'd also try listing on Forums.

If you have older stuff it may well be worth the effort of listing that separately as it often commands good prices.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Fenton

Hinds figures?

There are plenty of buy and sell sites on Facebook if you frequent there. I have also noticed oldhammer buy and sell sites on there depending on the age of the figures
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 July 2017, 04:08:48 AM
I'm reluctantly accepting that I have a large number of Games Workshop figures that I will never get painted, let alone use and that I am unlikely ever to get round to listing on EBay or the like and should therefore find some person or company who could turn this lead into gold (or at least into GBP).

If you're at Claymore this year Mike, Graham's Wuerkshoppe will be there and buy 2nd hand Workshop stuff.  It obviously won't be full market value as they need to sell it on at a profit, but they'll give you an honest assessment of the collection and a good idea of the value.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Thanks folks.

Hadn't thought of  Graham's Wuerkshoppe, Leon, and I will be at Claymore.

Which reminds me, I have some pre-convention ordering to organise!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 July 2017, 06:15:45 PM
Which reminds me, I have some pre-convention ordering to organise!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!