Colonial force for The Men Who Would Be King

Started by urbancohort, 01 July 2017, 09:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbancohort

Taking a short break from my LoA and 10mm activities. After buying the 'Pikeman's Lament' I couldn't resist getting 'The Men Who Would Be Kings'. Temptation beyond endurance! Thus I invested £20 in a box of Perry 28mm Plastic British colonial troops. Quite tricky putting them together, so did a trial five figures, primed them and made a start on the faces.

Is it normal to feel as if you are being disloyal?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

urbancohort

Part painted figures.

Terry37

Very nicely done. They remind me of the old Stadden colonial figures.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

lowlylowlycook

I was disappointed when I found that the Perry's were in the wrong kit for the Abyssinian campaign.  Especially with the heliograph, ect.

Your's look good so far!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Looking good! TMWWBK is great fun to play. Are you going to be playing at full strength units or at skirmish level (half strength)?

We have tended to stick to the skirmish level for two reasons, it is quicker/cheaper for players to put together their own force and it means the table is less crowded in multi-player games.

urbancohort

Quote from: sunjester on 03 July 2017, 09:15:50 AM
Looking good! TMWWBK is great fun to play. Are you going to be playing at full strength units or at skirmish level (half strength)?

We have tended to stick to the skirmish level for two reasons, it is quicker/cheaper for players to put together their own force and it means the table is less crowded in multi-player games.
Sunjester, was intending to paint up full units to play against Mr Babbage or an opponent but happy to get feedback from someone who has played them. :-X

urbancohort

Next shots. Back and front. I will be painting thhe backpacks seperately. I may be being thick, or untalented, but I can't see how else to do this. I have to say, 💖 my 10mm LoA army as I do, these pieces have real character and personality.
I am doing these as 66th Regiment in Afghanistan. There is some evidence the puttees should be blue but my reading is that it's not conclusive, so I have gone for the khaki ones.
The main colour is Vallejo 881 Khaki grey. I used buff for the straps but got 977 Desert Yellow today which I will probably use on the next batch.
As always, feedback is gratefully received.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

urbancohort

First figures all completed now, just need to do the basing. Think I did the right thing in painting knapsacks seperately.

5 privates of the 66th Foot in the service of Her Majesty North West Frontier/Afghanistan 1877-1885.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

urbancohort

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 July 2017, 05:55:03 PM
Those look perfectly the part
Thank you my friend! And only took 2 weeks!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!