WWII British - Vehicles

Started by Leon, 10 July 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

We've had some more painted tanks through from JAD Designs so here's some more painted pics!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

They look fantastic

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Leon

31 July 2020, 12:26:44 AM #34 Last Edit: 31 July 2020, 12:30:26 AM by Leon
We've just had the rest of these back from the excellent JAD Designs, which now completes the full WWII British vehicles range!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

A couple of observations:

• BRV49 Crusader II CS, 2pdr is a CS with the 3" Howitzer not the 2pdr. I'd just call it the BRV49 Crusader II CS
  • All of the "Bren carriers" look to be Universal carriers to me, all the Universal carriers are also Universal carriers
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

monkeynut

Wow. Beautiful painting done on those vehicles, look really good and yet again more temptation to resist.

🐵

Techno

Stonking work !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

fred.

Wow! What a lot of kit. Good to see a photo of the Churchill Ark, might need to get one of those.

One for the request list, is the Churchill AVRE with SBG (small box girder bridge) would round out your set of bridging tanks.

Quote from: paulr on 31 July 2020, 06:11:01 AM

• BRV49 Crusader II CS, 2pdr is a CS with the 3" Howitzer not the 2pdr. I'd just call it the BRV49 Crusader II CS
  • All of the "Bren carriers" look to be Universal carriers to me, all the Universal carriers are also Universal carriers

I agree with Paul
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

Scorpio_Rocks

Fantastic painting (especially love the Churchills)
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 31 July 2020, 06:11:01 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I've edited the Crusader one so all sorted there.  The Bren/Universal Carrier question is one we've had before I think and to be honest the whole thing confuses me a little.  They're all Universal Carriers but if they're carrying a bren gun do they not become Bren Carriers?  I've switched the Airborne and Wasp pictures over to Universal as those don't have brens in them.  But the others do, so don't they remain as Bren Carriers?

Ithoriel

The Universal Carrier, also known as the Bren Gun Carrier and sometimes simply the Bren Carrier from the light machine gun armament, is a common name describing a family of light armoured tracked vehicles built by Vickers-Armstrongs and other companies.

The first carriers – the Bren Carrier and the Scout Carrier with specific roles – entered service before the war, but a single improved design that could replace these, the Universal, was introduced in 1940.

The vehicle was used widely by British Commonwealth forces during the Second World War. Universal Carriers were usually used for transporting personnel and equipment, mostly support weapons, or as machine gun platforms. With some 113,000 built by 1960 in the United Kingdom and abroad, it is the most produced armoured fighting vehicle in history. - Wikipedia
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data