WWII British - Vehicles

Started by Leon, 10 July 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Simple generalisation is that British and Russian vehicles have their drive sprockets next to the engine, German and US ones at the opposite end. So normally the Brits and Ruskie will be at the rear, US and German at the rear. Almost all modern vehicles have rear drive sprockets, unless front engine. 
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

We've got another batch in now, more great work from J.A.D Designs!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

I particularly like the weathered Caunter camouflage on the A.13, Mk II
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Steve J

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Caunter, in 10mm. Seriously impressive
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

OldenBUA

Not so noticeable, but the tracks are the wrong way around on the A30 Challenger too.

:]] time for Leon.  :(
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leon

Quote from: OldenBUA on 29 July 2017, 09:41:47 AM
Not so noticeable, but the tracks are the wrong way around on the A30 Challenger too.

I'm not so sure on that, this one is a single piece hull casting, so no separate tracks.  The track/mud guard at the front should be angled more sharply with the point at the centre of the front drive wheel.  Then the rear guard should be angled less sharply, with the point being behind the rear sprocket.  There may be a small issue with the model itself, where the front drive and rear sprocket wheels are the same size/shape rather than being visibly different, but I think the tracks are OK?

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

OldenBUA

Fair enough. You can't see the front wheel in the painted example, so hard to tell anyway. And the mudguards look OK. It's probably because I expected the rear sprocket to be toothed and a tad larger. Hence my confusion.  :-[

So, there's another another five minutes of unnecessary Googling you won't get back. Nice picture though.  :)
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leon

Quote from: OldenBUA on 29 July 2017, 02:49:40 PM
Fair enough. You can't see the front wheel in the painted example, so hard to tell anyway. And the mudguards look OK. It's probably because I expected the rear sprocket to be toothed and a tad larger.

Yeah, that's a well placed piece of grass over that front wheel! 

Leon

Jason's done us another set of British vehicles, excellent work on these Shermans!

More to come soon!

Steve J

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno