ECW on the blocks

Started by Tarty, 06 July 2017, 08:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Quote from: Tarty on 23 March 2018, 02:21:46 AM
Haha... Yes. Took a little experimenting to get the balance right (well for my eye anyway hehe) Trying to make the scale work for me. Wanting the 'massed' look limiting the colour pallet and encouraging tonal repetition seems to help out with achieving that. May not be to everyones taste but it is less work  ;) .....  ;D
Thanks for all the encouraging words chaps...still very new to this scale. Enjoying it immensely.
Richard

Very nice work indeed Tarty....you captured the mass effect really well.

I guess if you're doing Scots Covenanters it becomes a case of "any colour so long as its hodden grey with a blue bonnet"  ;)

the question then becomes what shade is hodden grey......I'm only talking about uniform colours here gentlemen!!  ;D
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Speirs101

Fantastic looking regiments,you have giving me a lot of inspiration  =D> =D> =D>

Dave Fielder

Those hand painted flags are very well executed, primary colours for the regiments are also very striking. Well done indeed.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leman

Charles I was also very well executed, or is that not the kind of block being referred to.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Quote from: Leman on 28 May 2018, 06:36:14 PM
Charles I was also very well executed, or is that not the kind of block being referred to.

Perhaps, but at least his head lies with the rest of him, which is more than you can say for Oliver, King Slayer!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Tarty

Had some time lately to finish the baggage for this project. Can tell the Roundhead camp...it's the one with the preacher loose in the bottom paddock  :)

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel..."
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

d_Guy

Absolutely stunning, Tarty. Bravo! =D> =D>
Sleep with clean hands ...

Tarty

Some generals and leading trouble makers... also painted up

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

That is lovely work. The buildings are particularly fine. Out of interest, where are they from?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Those are simply wonderful 8)

Speirs101

Tarty

Quote from: Leman on 10 July 2018, 07:16:12 AM
That is lovely work. The buildings are particularly fine. Out of interest, where are they from?
Buildings are all Battlescale
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Lovely stuff !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!