Outland Models

Started by Sunray, 06 July 2017, 12:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I came across them on ebay.  They have the look of being plagiarised from other designs in HO and simplified to N and Z scales.  Look fine for wargaming. Anyone have any ?

PB

These certainly aren't up to the better known N scale brands, but they paint up ok and are fine for wargaming. Just started painting the Victorian shop row which is obviously from a 3D printer, with little detail (ie brick work & roof slates), but will look ok at arms length when finished. Avoid their vehicles though. Did a small supermarket recently which was good and their more modern buildings are better. The Outland Ebay shop is reliable and if you do a little searching you can find some of the Outland buildings being sold by other sellers somewhat cheaper. Sorry no pics.

Also recently found a mob called Tooyful on Ebay selling 2 plastic N scale Semi-Trailers for $8 (Australian Dollars) and with free postage! Decent models and really cheap when you see what a N scale truck can cost.

PB

That was 2 packs of 2 trucks, so 4 models for $8

Sunray

Quote from: PB on 06 July 2017, 04:52:56 AM
That was 2 packs of 2 trucks, so 4 models for $8

Thanks for this. Yes the use of 3 D printing in the process is apparent.  However, as hinted above, a bit of paint can bring them up to wargame table finish. 

I have a few old N gauge buildings sourced via car boot and ebay,  but the top end brands are just too rich for our purpose.

Thanks for the heads on the trucks  :) 

sunjester

Their western stuff looks quite good for the price.

Sunray

Be warned of certain ebay postage restrictions to UK.  Their stuff does look good for the money. A lot of pieces that would fit Korea or Bush war. :-

Sunray

I am inspired by Brigade Models to take their miniscule 2mm scale Mediterranean Hotel & Grounds as a plan for something in 10mm 1/150.
Outland might just provide the core building for such a scratch build.

I see a task for Harry Palmer (my scratch built secret agent).  Look forward to a few Pendraken spy types as Cold War approaches.   

Wulf

Some of the Outland bits do look good for the price.  Have to see what would fit WWII... with a lenient eye...

Wulf

Finally ordered a couple of bits, awaiting delivery...