WARGAMERS IN LANCASHIRE, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

Started by sultanbev, 28 October 2010, 09:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultanbev

Burnley Wargames Club is on the verge of closing after 25+ years existence,  :'( , if there are any gamers out there that want to join us in the east Lancashire area please let me know!

We meet Tuesday nights, 7pm-whenever you want to leave (usually 11pm), ample parking, kitchen, loads of tables, club terrain, no hidden fees, £2.50 subs if you play a game, no restrictions on gaming genre, under 16s must be accompanied by responsible adult.

Games played are 15mm WW2, 6mm WW2 and modern, boardgames, some fantasy stuff, ancients and Napoleonic 15mm armies available.

Mark Bevis
sultanbev@googlemail.com

Nosher

Thats a real shame to hear Mark.

There hasn't been a 'serious' club in Ipswich for almost fifteen years. Good luck in finding new members ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Marcust34

3 Years ago now I answered Mark's call to arms and have had a great time every Tuesday playing many different eras in many different scales.

The club venue is warm and has many tables and the club has loads of terrain. We can cater for most types of game Mark listed and we had a healthy group of Fantasy players (warmachine). Recently in Burnley and Colne 2 (yes I know 2!) wargames shops have opened providing venues and GW derivative gaming stuff that has impacted on numbers attending.

There must be others out there who would want to come down - there has been over 1000 views of this topic after all.

Drop us a line and we can sort out a game or drop by and join in. Just get down here.

marcust34@yahoo.com

Leman

Shame it's a bit far from Liverpool, and not the periods I favour.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

Sorry to here this.

But its the wrong side of the county for me.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

skywalker

Shame to here that, sorry I can't help but commuting from Redcar is a bit far, even to indulge in my favourite hobby.
I wish you well and hope you can weather the storm.
Our club (Redcar Ironbeards) although only small is going through the same thing, average attendance of 5 but we are in competition with the other Redcar club which has recently started running on a 2nd night which happens to be the same as our club night.
:'(
Good luck and "May the force be with you"   :D

Hertsblue

Seems to be a general thing. Finding members is difficult - keeping them even more so.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Dragoon

Try Manchester area wargames society. The premises are in Walkden.
It's a great club. I travel 50 miles to play there
I live in Rhyl Nort Wales and there isn't a club that plays DBMM near to me.
Try organising a big show in a library or guildhall.
That draws in news paper reports so plan what your going to say when you get asked stupid questions.
Regards

Mike L

Leman

This was originally posted in 2010. Has the club survived over the last five years?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dragoon

That's the trouble with smart phones and forum
Rather than yahoo.
With the former I get an email notification that a message is posted on a website
(Small Print).
Yahoo sends an email with the message content (Large Print)
Regards

Mike L

PeterRushton

Happy to report that the club is still bumping along with meetings every Tuesday and occasionally picking up new members.

So if your in our area, East Lancs/M65 corridor, and looking to play some historical figure wargaming please get in touch.