Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
24 November 2017, 02:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've added some excellent new Emplacements!
244068 Posts in 14801 Topics by 2066 Members
Latest Member: Henpecked Hubby
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: mad lemmey, Techno)
| | |-+  TMP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TMP  (Read 3030 times)
Sandinista
Brigadier

« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2017, 01:24:54 AM »

Just to clarify, I was meaning English speaking people seeking to be offended, often deliberately misinterpreting. Apologies if I gave the impression otherwise, a racist I am most certainly not.

Cheers
Ian

Dave Fielder
Major

"Chickens-R-Us"

« Reply #16 on: 09 July 2017, 04:30:27 AM »

Nothing wrong with the occasional flame war on line, it's great to watch Bill start an argument and then get offended by himself ;-)

If you make a sandwich you will not be hungry.
PraetorianJC
Cadet

« Reply #17 on: 09 July 2017, 04:03:26 PM »

TMP isn't even good for selling items anymore. I used to post items there all the time and have them sold within a week. Not a bite on some good deals these past few weeks. Looks like I will have to hold off on buying Pendraken's new Korean War line.
Mako
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2017, 01:39:41 AM »

I suspect the lack of responses to sales ads is due to many people that have left, others that have been locked out by Bill, and/or people that don't have supporting memberships, so can't post there right now.

Even Tango01 was not able to do that for a while, but somehow that got changed during Bill's absence, so he's posting again.  Before that, they were down to just a handful of postings a day, since Bill is gone, so not posting threads either.  Even most of the "NEWS" postings were/are halted.

A pity, but a lot of people have moved on, or are just "visiting", and no longer posting/replying to various threads.  It's been that way for quite some time.
doctorphalanx
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2017, 10:25:59 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just posted something to TMP and couldn't understand why it had all gone so quiet.

TMP has been my general go-to site for years. If it is in decline, where has everybody gone?
FierceKitty
General

Down south of the border....

« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2017, 11:34:23 AM »

Lead Adventure Forum seems very much better-humoured.

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
fred.
Major General

« Reply #21 on: 16 July 2017, 01:50:33 PM »

I stopped visiting TMP a good few years ago, and don't miss it at all.

Lead Adventure Forum seems very much better-humoured.

+1, although at times threads can get rather lost in amongst the shear volume of traffic.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Womble67
Brigadier

« Reply #22 on: 17 July 2017, 10:55:33 AM »

I suspect the lack of responses to sales ads is due to many people that have left, others that have been locked out by Bill, and/or people that don't have supporting memberships, so can't post there right now.

Even Tango01 was not able to do that for a while, but somehow that got changed during Bill's absence, so he's posting again.  Before that, they were down to just a handful of postings a day, since Bill is gone, so not posting threads either.  Even most of the "NEWS" postings were/are halted.

A pity, but a lot of people have moved on, or are just "visiting", and no longer posting/replying to various threads.  It's been that way for quite some time.

Yes very strange indeed how Tango01 managed to gain access

Take care

Andy

doctorphalanx
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

Lead Adventure seems quite comprehensive. I did post there once some time ago.

I do, however, find the dark brown background difficult to read on a smartphone...
fred.
Major General

« Reply #24 on: 17 July 2017, 07:47:44 PM »

I do, however, find the dark brown background difficult to read on a smartphone...

Strange, its a kind of light khaki green for me.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
jimduncanuk
Major

« Reply #25 on: 17 July 2017, 08:48:09 PM »

Yes very strange indeed how Tango01 managed to gain access

I keep Tango stifled.

Life is so much simpler.

My Ego forbids a signature.
FierceKitty
General

« Reply #26 on: 18 July 2017, 01:32:24 AM »

I keep Tango stifled.

Life is so much simpler.

What, and miss out on all those posts beginning "For centuries, historians have believed that the third crusade was led by Ulysses S. Grant against Alexander the Great. In a startling new book, Professor Rehash of Pittsburgh Community College argues that it was in fact a European campaign against the Ayyubid Sultanate..."?

My opponents never play well. I was unlucky/the rules are unfair/I was off form/I felt sorry for him and let him win....
toxicpixie
Major General

« Reply #27 on: 18 July 2017, 11:31:44 AM »

The Wargames Website is good. Or there's a 10mm figures forum thata reputedly decent  Wink

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting
FierceKitty
General

« Reply #28 on: 18 July 2017, 12:19:39 PM »

The Wargames Website is good. Or there's a 10mm figures forum thata reputedly decent  Wink

Ta for the reference. Smiley

old smokie
Major

« Reply #29 on: 18 July 2017, 12:25:45 PM »

TMP = The Morons Page

got fed up with it, relates little to wargaming in my opinion, too many flame wars etc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: