TMP

Started by SV52, 03 July 2017, 08:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

Just to clarify, I was meaning English speaking people seeking to be offended, often deliberately misinterpreting. Apologies if I gave the impression otherwise, a racist I am most certainly not.

Cheers
Ian

Dave Fielder

Nothing wrong with the occasional flame war on line, it's great to watch Bill start an argument and then get offended by himself ;-)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

PraetorianJC

TMP isn't even good for selling items anymore. I used to post items there all the time and have them sold within a week. Not a bite on some good deals these past few weeks. Looks like I will have to hold off on buying Pendraken's new Korean War line.

Mako

I suspect the lack of responses to sales ads is due to many people that have left, others that have been locked out by Bill, and/or people that don't have supporting memberships, so can't post there right now.

Even Tango01 was not able to do that for a while, but somehow that got changed during Bill's absence, so he's posting again.  Before that, they were down to just a handful of postings a day, since Bill is gone, so not posting threads either.  Even most of the "NEWS" postings were/are halted.

A pity, but a lot of people have moved on, or are just "visiting", and no longer posting/replying to various threads.  It's been that way for quite some time.

doctorphalanx

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just posted something to TMP and couldn't understand why it had all gone so quiet.

TMP has been my general go-to site for years. If it is in decline, where has everybody gone?

FierceKitty

Lead Adventure Forum seems very much better-humoured.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fred.

I stopped visiting TMP a good few years ago, and don't miss it at all.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 16 July 2017, 11:34:23 AM
Lead Adventure Forum seems very much better-humoured.

+1, although at times threads can get rather lost in amongst the shear volume of traffic.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Womble67

Quote from: Mako on 10 July 2017, 01:39:41 AM
I suspect the lack of responses to sales ads is due to many people that have left, others that have been locked out by Bill, and/or people that don't have supporting memberships, so can't post there right now.

Even Tango01 was not able to do that for a while, but somehow that got changed during Bill's absence, so he's posting again.  Before that, they were down to just a handful of postings a day, since Bill is gone, so not posting threads either.  Even most of the "NEWS" postings were/are halted.

A pity, but a lot of people have moved on, or are just "visiting", and no longer posting/replying to various threads.  It's been that way for quite some time.

Yes very strange indeed how Tango01 managed to gain access

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

doctorphalanx

Lead Adventure seems quite comprehensive. I did post there once some time ago.

I do, however, find the dark brown background difficult to read on a smartphone...

fred.

Quote from: doctorphalanx on 17 July 2017, 11:14:03 AM

I do, however, find the dark brown background difficult to read on a smartphone...

Strange, its a kind of light khaki green for me.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Womble67 on 17 July 2017, 10:55:33 AM

Yes very strange indeed how Tango01 managed to gain access

I keep Tango stifled.

Life is so much simpler.
My Ego forbids a signature.

FierceKitty

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 17 July 2017, 08:48:09 PM
I keep Tango stifled.

Life is so much simpler.

What, and miss out on all those posts beginning "For centuries, historians have believed that the third crusade was led by Ulysses S. Grant against Alexander the Great. In a startling new book, Professor Rehash of Pittsburgh Community College argues that it was in fact a European campaign against the Ayyubid Sultanate..."?

toxicpixie

The Wargames Website is good. Or there's a 10mm figures forum thata reputedly decent  ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

Quote from: toxicpixie on 18 July 2017, 11:31:44 AM
The Wargames Website is good. Or there's a 10mm figures forum thata reputedly decent  ;)

Ta for the reference. :)

old smokie

TMP = The Morons Page

got fed up with it, relates little to wargaming in my opinion, too many flame wars etc