King George Still Owns the Colonies!

Started by Terry37, 02 July 2017, 11:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

My plans for going to shoot the first of the month match at the range yesterday were cancelled due to a 70+ chance of thundershowers, and they got it right. Those who did venture out had to stop several times and hold up in the livery between downpours, and several just called it a day and went home.

So, as they say - the best laid plans of mice and men - I went gaming instead, and fought two fun battles of the American Revolution. My friend Bob Gunter had the Americans while I commanded the British in my first game and my second game was with his daughter Kristie.  I am pleased to say the King George still has the  Colonies in North America!

We used the DBN rules with attrition, which work well for the AWI.

Here's Bob making his move, but alas it was to no avail as the red coats were just to powerful. I won both games without a loss - can you say LUCKY die rolls!!!

Here's a close up of the action of my game with Bob, taken from my side.

That ended my day of gaming as the other DBA/HOTT player I was planning to meet didn't show up, and those who did melted away to play some Blue Max.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DFlynSqrl

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Sounds like a very pleasant day, God Save the King!
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!