Recoilless Rifles on the way in 10mm !

Started by Sunray, 01 July 2017, 09:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Recoilless are a bit like buses.  You wait for years for that cheap post war Bush Artillery and then two manufacturers come along at the same time;

1. Time Cast- they had issues with heavy weapons as the sculptor kept to accurate 1/144. This means  that the chunky 10mm figures dwarf the weapons - see the TC 120mm mortars for example.  Barrie assures me that in future he will insist on a little scale creep to keep the weapons in scale with the figures.  In the pipeline is the 120mm Wombat.   Barrie also hints at very useful 1980s Soviets in one piece overalls, and Royal Engineers. Ofcourse Barrie  already exists in 10mm   (FLB36) lost with a map on North Camp Road.....Really useful figure. :)

2. Irregular Miniatures.  Ian Kay has a small range of 1970s Bush war figures. The Soviet helmet types are the best sculpts.  Ian is currently sculpting a 106mm RR .  :-bd   Now that is indeed useful kit.  A must have for a bush war.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

Quote from: mad lemmey on 01 July 2017, 10:46:51 AM
Hurry up Techno! ;)

Techno & Marty must wait the orders of the Pendraken head shed.  :-

I have been requesting a 106mm RR since .......oh a long time ago!

Techno

Not sure whether that'll be me or Mart. (Probably Mart...I think)

B'aint on moi lists, moi dears.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Sunray

Quote from: Techno on 02 July 2017, 07:26:38 AM
Not sure whether that'll be me or Mart. (Probably Mart...I think)

B'aint on moi lists, moi dears.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Well its not a vehicle, but long as the weapon is in scale with the Pendraken figures  we don't mind who sculpts !  X_X

Sunray

14 July 2017, 11:17:44 PM #5 Last Edit: 14 July 2017, 11:20:51 PM by Sunray
As first reported on Rumour Control, I see Ian Kay (Irregular Miniatures)has a 106mmRR available at £1.  The image looks chunky, so should (a) match most 10mm figures, (b) paint up well, and (c) lose its base stand and be fitted to a few jeeps and Landrovers.

I got some Time Cast Brits in the post today. They are on steroids for 10mm ! Or is it now 13mm ?

Sunray

Quote from: Sunray on 14 July 2017, 11:17:44 PM
As first reported on Rumour Control, I see Ian Kay (Irregular Miniatures)has a 106mmRR available at £1.  The image looks chunky, so should (a) match most 10mm figures, (b) paint up well, and (c) lose its base stand and be fitted to a few jeeps and Landrovers.

I got some Time Cast Brits in the post today. They are on steroids for 10mm ! Or is it now 13mm ?

Just saw the images up on IM site- some nice command figures that might work well with Korean era - when we get our paws on them ! :- :-X