Post Apoc Police Motorcycle

Started by Terry37, 30 June 2017, 10:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

The motorcycle has been primed and painting begun. Was raining and overcast today so I'll try for a picture tomorrow, although I'm really still just doing pre-coats and base coats of the white areas - which  I do in multiple very thinned layers to reduce brush strokes as much as possible.

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

Still not a great day for taking pictures, but then with my camera skills does it really matter!!!! Here is a picture of the motorcycle as it is as of now. please don't be too critical of it at this point as I am a believer in the old school I learned back in the early 60's from Jack Scruby - sloppy undercoat and careful overcoat. So what you are seeing is the sloppy undercoat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Scruby

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Looking forward to seeing the end result, Terry.  :)

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

Terry37

I've done some more work and nearing being finished. I still want to look for any touch-ups needed, and also need to do the highlights. Then I'll spray it to make it ready for the decals, which have still not arrived (very frustrating, but not surprising with the local mail service - I'm sure they're sitting in a mail bag waiting to be sorted somewhere).

She's starting to look like a police motorcycle now.

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Yes! Definitely looking the part.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Womble67

Coming on nicely

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Argh! I was also set to spray the gloss coat to make it ready for the decals and realized I'd forgotten to put tail lights on it! Yep, my police cruiser would have to pull him over for non-working, or actually missing taillights!!! ;D

Anyway, back tot he drawing boards to figure the best way to make them, and finally decided to use a piece of a spar from a knight figure (I always replace cast spears with brass wire or you end up with spaghetti. So made a couple of taillights, at 1 MM size, and as I was attaching the first one - SPROING, there it went as it snapped out from the tweezers and went flying across the room.  :'(  Needless to say trying to find a 1 MM taillight in carpet is a pretty hopeless cause so I made another one.

They have now been installed so no risk of a ticket there!!! I'll paint them shortly and it should be ready to gloss coat.

Pictures soon,

Terry

Terry37

Here's the police motorcycle finished, except for the basing, for my post apocalyptic Law army.

Hard to see the star on the gazzoline tank as it's only 2 MM  in size.

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

fred.

What ML said.

This has come out very well.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Fenton

Nice paint job. For some reason it reminds me PC McGarry number 452 the Trumpton apocalyptic years
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!