Scum of the Earth Black Powder

Started by Leman, 30 June 2017, 09:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Hi everyone, has anybody tried these rules from Nordic Weasel  yet? I downloaded a copy yesterday for small actions in a variety of the BP conflicts I am interested in, from ECW through to 1914. The rules, though written for 28mm figures, suggest that a number of 10mm figures on a one inch base can replace a single 28mm figure - there being 6 bases to a squad/company/battalion etc. (although really aimed at the squad/company level). Suggested table size is 2'x2'.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Hi Leman,
I downloaded it a couple months ago (I think Fenton had mentioned it) but have not seriously played through a game. I have a similar basing to yours (1" x 1") and currently looking at several rules to do company to battalion level actions. Since I do M&P mostly, have also looked at Clashing Steel, Pikeman's Lament and Donnybrook.

While all can be adapted (more or less) to bases rather than single figures, Scum of the Earth is the first I've found that makes specific provisions for multi-figure basing. I have a specific scenario based on the Battle of the Severn that I plan to play through with various rules sets to see which will work best and also function well in solo play.

Scum of the Earth, like One Hour Wargames, accomidates multiple periods but my focus on M&P will limit the testing to that period.

Doubt I've written anything you don't already know but maybe this will help move the conversation along.

d_guy
Sleep with clean hands ...