Okay, I set up a blog...

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 30 June 2017, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Bog off, the lot of you !  :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Inspired by Techno's brilliance with the USB cable, I followed his advice about a power extension ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

I shouldn't laugh ......  =O =O =O ..... sorry .... the devil made me do it.  :-[

;D ;D ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

;D ;D ;D ;D Oh goodness me! that does make me feel much better about my computer ineptitude.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

Excellent thanks for posting that made my day

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

WTF

What is he even trying to do? Lucky it's in the US with just 110v
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Is that wall plate made of metal ?

You don't have an earth wire in The States, do you ?

Dearie, dearie me.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Quote from: fred. on 20 July 2017, 07:53:25 PM
WTF

What is he even trying to do? Lucky it's in the US with just 110v

"It's the volts what jolts...
But it's the mills what kills!" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

I've crawled about on some relatively fragile racking, over 500 amp 'buzz-bars'.....Running a cable from one side to the other.

"Am I really allowed to do this ?" I queried my colleagues in the exchange..."This racking isn't particularly strong."

"No.....But you're the lightest by far...Get it done quick before anyone spots you."

Needless to say, I didn't come into contact with the buzz-bars......unlike a screwdriver that allegedly fell between the bars when the exchange was being 'wired up'.
It hit the floor from about 15 feet up, and landed as a hot lump of melted metal and plastic. (Apparently.) :-\

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Worked on a job with, amongst others, a sparks who was doing a major rewiring job on a very large building.

It involved working on stuff behind a pair of very large bus bars. We identified the risk and so the power to the bus bars was turned off, the work completed, power restored ... and then the guy realised he'd left a screwdriver behind and without thinking reached between the bus bars to pick it up.

Fortunately I was neither lead Project Manager nor on site at the time and so didn't need to attend the inquest :-(

Be safe people.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Well.....I've learned something today.

I always 'heard' my colleagues referring to them as 'buzz' bars.....But Mike's absolutely right......Bus...Not Buzz. :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

New update with a battle report
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two battles of Warband in a night, one loss, one mutal destruction (alright, we'll call it a loss too)!
https://madlemmey.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/two-warband-games-in-night.html
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

17 August 2017, 01:38:28 PM #44 Last Edit: 17 August 2017, 02:01:38 PM by mad lemmey